U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:12 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,955,873 times

Advertisements

After talking to my mother I realized I my nephew out to be younger than he is. He's 22 with two kids, which to me is significantly different than 20 with two kids. Although his oldest kid was born before he was 20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 08:27 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,536,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Yes

Absolutely

The Granite state could very well lay claim to being one of the most beautiful states in the country.

Plus, I like your state's motto "Live Free or Die."

Old 01-25-2010, 12:23 PM

73 posts, read 147,437 times
Im'a say arkansas is the best state i've lived here all my life and it's beautiful rolling hills, woodland, creeks i love it we even have something for the city lover Little Rock, fayetteville, springdale and the southern accents are great really funny we also happen to have all four seasons though the summers do get kinda hot.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:20 AM

5,721 posts, read 9,085,203 times
If the OP has not picked a place yet then please take my advice and avoid Kansas City. I live here and can't wait to move and will do so at the first chance I get. The crime is skyrocketing, the culture is trashy and many of the people and especially the women are brain damaged mental cases.

There are some decent places in Missouri and I think Springfield or Columbia and some of the rural areas would be fine. But avoid the Kansas City area entirely.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:48 PM

20,846 posts, read 35,932,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
If the OP has not picked a place yet then please take my advice and avoid Kansas City. I live here and can't wait to move and will do so at the first chance I get. The crime is skyrocketing, the culture is trashy and many of the people and especially the women are brain damaged mental cases.

There are some decent places in Missouri and I think Springfield or Columbia and some of the rural areas would be fine. But avoid the Kansas City area entirely.
I second that notion! That is why I left the Kansas City metro Some of my friends could not understand why I would want to leave. So, I gave them a long list of reasons. It is a pleasant place to visit, but a grinding torture to live there full-time (for me).

Old 01-29-2010, 01:52 PM

9,467 posts, read 12,300,407 times
Visual Comparison between the cities.......
Tulsa Oklahoma Link Below............

- City Skyline Pictures Prints Canvas Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Art Cityscapes b&w

Kansas City Link Below..............Kansas City Kansas is a Satellite City
or Suburb of Kansas City Missouri....

Kansas City Missouri - City Skyline Pictures Prints Canvas Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Art Cityscapes b&w

Wichita Kansas because Springfield Missouri was not photographied.....

Wichita Kansas - City Skyline Pictures Prints Canvas Digital Stock - Black & White or Color Art Cityscapes b&w

Old 01-31-2010, 11:54 AM

65 posts, read 271,206 times
Default What Guage Are You Using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
If you were a young single I would say look no further than Kansas City, but being that you are looking for somewhere family oriented, Little Rock is worth a look. It clearly is the most scenic of the places you mentioned. West Little Rock and Maumelle are very nice suburban settings that integrate well into their environment. The crime here can be bad in some areas but is not as bad as it's perceived to be and is localized a good distance away from where you would likely be living. The one serious drawback is Little Rock lacks a lot of the urban amenities you might expect from a city of 200,000 (come expecting a city of 80k in that realm), but as Stormcrow says, the outdoor recreation can make up for it if that's what you are looking for.

Be careful about saying broad sweeping subjective statements like "Little Rock lacks a lot of urban amenities you might expect from a city of 200,000." I would like to see the gauge you use to measure a town's amenities.

Last edited by Agingwell; 01-31-2010 at 12:06 PM..

Old 01-31-2010, 12:09 PM

9,422 posts, read 10,181,013 times
I would check a Forbes list and compare the cities based on how many corporations they have, Oklahoma is a top city and Kansas City used to be known as a popular home office for corporations. Best bet , I would go to the largest populated area especially for Info tech job security. I would see who is growing their Tech infrastructure.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:11 PM

65 posts, read 271,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I would check a Forbes list and compare the cities based on how many corporations they have, Oklahoma is a top city and Kansas City used to be known as a popular home office for corporations. Best bet , I would go to the largest populated area especially for Info tech job security. I would see who is growing their Tech infrastructure.
Little Rock was named 22nd out of 361 metropolitan areas as best places for business in 2005 by Forbes Magazine. Moody's Investor Services ranks Little Rock as the second most diverse economy in the nation. The Brookings Institution ranks Little Rock as the 7th best metropolitan economy in the United States in 2009 with the second best overall growth from 2008 to 2009 after Des Moines. Little Rock is headquarters for IT companies Axciom and Mainstream Technologies.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:03 PM

20,846 posts, read 35,932,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agingwell View Post
Little Rock was named 22nd out of 361 metropolitan areas as best places for business in 2005 by Forbes Magazine. Moody's Investor Services ranks Little Rock as the second most diverse economy in the nation. The Brookings Institution ranks Little Rock as the 7th best metropolitan economy in the United States in 2009 with the second best overall growth from 2008 to 2009 after Des Moines. Little Rock is headquarters for IT companies Axciom and Mainstream Technologies.
Capitol cities generally fare a bit better as well. Other stable metros that have weathered the recession well include: Des Moines, IA, Omaha, NE, Sioux Falls, SD, Rochester, MN, Madison, WI, Lincoln, NE, etc. Some that haven't fared as well include: St. Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, South Bend, Kansas City, Grand Rapids, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or