U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2016, 02:03 AM
 
Location: Florida
2,233 posts, read 1,517,809 times
Reputation: 1861

Advertisements

Mild year round is strictly Southern California. No where else has mild year round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2016, 09:08 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
15,470 posts, read 25,466,902 times
Reputation: 8936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Mild year round is strictly Southern California. No where else has mild year round.
Northern CA does as well, unless you consider upper 50's "cold" in winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2016, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
18,926 posts, read 6,920,679 times
Reputation: 5862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownfacination View Post
I am looking for a "homie" place that is cold, and has lots of nature around (I plan t be a professional photographer).
Fairplay, Colorado, one of the only populated places in the US with a subpolar climate. Today they have a normal high of 66 and a normal low of 33 for example
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2016, 01:18 PM
 
3,708 posts, read 1,563,894 times
Reputation: 3098
South Florida, Southern California, and Hawaii. All of the other areas of the U.S. have enough weather variance over a 12-month period that I wouldn't classify them as having the "same" weather year-round. This is per the OP's description. They didn't say "mild", they said "same". The areas I listed closest fit that description.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2016, 01:35 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
15,470 posts, read 25,466,902 times
Reputation: 8936
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
South Florida, Southern California, and Hawaii. All of the other areas of the U.S. have enough weather variance over a 12-month period that I wouldn't classify them as having the "same" weather year-round. This is per the OP's description. They didn't say "mild", they said "same". The areas I listed closest fit that description.
They did say mild as well actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2016, 01:57 PM
 
3,708 posts, read 1,563,894 times
Reputation: 3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
They did say mild as well actually.
Yeah. I guess I had just focused on the title, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2016, 10:28 PM
 
Location: South Beach and DT Raleigh
11,810 posts, read 18,841,400 times
Reputation: 11141
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
They did say mild as well actually.
I don't know what people consider mild but I don't consider the Bay Area mild in the Winter. It's too cold for me to consider it mild. Oh, and yes, I have lived there. I consider mild to be 60s for highs and 50s for lows. There are 2 winter months in San Jose where the average highs are in the 50s and 6 months with the lows in the 40s. BRRRRRRRR
https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/USCA0993:1:US
But, then again, the OP is comparing the weather to Canada. I suppose it's mild to them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2016, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
18,926 posts, read 6,920,679 times
Reputation: 5862
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
I don't know what people consider mild but I don't consider the Bay Area mild in the Winter. It's too cold for me to consider it mild. Oh, and yes, I have lived there. I consider mild to be 60s for highs and 50s for lows. There are 2 winter months in San Jose where the average highs are in the 50s and 6 months with the lows in the 40s. BRRRRRRRR
https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/USCA0993:1:US
But, then again, the OP is comparing the weather to Canada. I suppose it's mild to them!
I consider the Central Valley and Bay Area to be mild in the winter, plenty of palm trees and no snow, and citrus grows, that is mild to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2016, 10:46 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
15,470 posts, read 25,466,902 times
Reputation: 8936
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
I don't know what people consider mild but I don't consider the Bay Area mild in the Winter. It's too cold for me to consider it mild. Oh, and yes, I have lived there. I consider mild to be 60s for highs and 50s for lows. There are 2 winter months in San Jose where the average highs are in the 50s and 6 months with the lows in the 40s. BRRRRRRRR
https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/USCA0993:1:US
But, then again, the OP is comparing the weather to Canada. I suppose it's mild to them!
It's also mild compared to the majority of the US in winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top