U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:13 AM

704 posts, read 1,326,210 times

Advertisements

Seattle has a very large drug culture especially when it comes to marijuana. In fact, Seattle in mid august holds the largest Marijuana festival in the entire world. Its called Hempfest and last year over 100,000 showed without getting arrested or harassed by the police. It just goes to show how harmless marijuana is when it becomes socially acceptable.

Seattle Hempfest | August 15-16, 2009 (http://hempfest.org/drupal/ - broken link)

There are a lot of heroin addicts in Seattle as well which always sort of cracked me up considering the cities most known building is a giant needle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 12:24 AM

567 posts, read 1,310,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post
There are a lot of heroin addicts in Seattle as well which always sort of cracked me up considering the cities most known building is a giant needle.
LOL. yea, i read somewhere that the hempfest is one of the biggest (not just for weed) festivals in america. evey year it grows in attendance. i'm guessing it would be pretty fun to go one day.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK94 View Post
LOL. yea, i read somewhere that the hempfest is one of the biggest (not just for weed) festivals in america. evey year it grows in attendance. i'm guessing it would be pretty fun to go one day.
It is a lot of fun to go especially if you grew up in the Seattle-Tacoma metro as it is the one time of year I get to see all my friends i grew up with.

You can tell the festival is happening as the whole downtown region of Seattle smells like pot. It is also a liberating feeling to be able to smoke a joint right in front of a police officer without him being able to do anything about it.

When it comes to drug culture being acceptable, no city in the U.S. can compare to Seattle and San Francisco.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:09 AM

2,116 posts, read 4,202,596 times
I smuggle marlboro reds into canada from new hampshire cuz dey cheap. I should start bringing handles of popov and 8balls too.

pot not so much. other way.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:15 AM

HeyHolliday, i can't believe a city in the usa would actually allow that. not that they shouldn't, but weed has been demonized since the 30's here. i think alot of people are starting to think rationally instead of buying into all the propaganda. it's like every few months a new state is decriminalizing it.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
I smuggle marlboro reds into canada from new hampshire cuz dey cheap. I should start bringing handles of popov and 8balls too.

pot not so much. other way.
yea, i know your probably joking, but did you know the average cigarette smuggler makes $2m per truck load?

Old 04-10-2009, 01:45 AM

2,116 posts, read 4,202,596 times
Quote:
yea, i know your probably joking, but did you know the average cigarette smuggler makes $2m per truck load?
not joking. I bring a couple cartons each time i go back to school. you pay 38 a carton and push at least 8-10 on each pack. pull a solid 50. usually marly reds. occasionally even parliments. i never joke on these forums. its mother****ing business.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
HeyHolliday, i can't believe a city in the usa would actually allow that. not that they shouldn't, but weed has been demonized since the 30's here. i think alot of people are starting to think rationally instead of buying into all the propaganda. it's like every few months a new state is decriminalizing it.
Well you better start believing because in Seattle marijuana is pretty much decriminalized(unless of course your dealing large quantities). In fact for the Seattle police, jaywalking is a higher priority than marijuana. San Francisco is pretty much the same way as well. In the Hempfest festival there are many police in the area but the city made a deal with the guys running Hempfest that they wouldn't harass the people smoking pot. There have been many times I have walked the streets of Seattle smoking and not once have I been disturbed.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:04 AM

674 posts, read 1,639,846 times
Can you smoke weed in NYC and not get harrased?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:16 AM
rah

3,315 posts, read 8,122,018 times
Like others have said, drugs are huge in the Bay Area. Weed, ecstacy, meth, heroin (almost exclusively black tar), crack, cocaine, shrooms, all sorts of pills...you want it, you can get it! Except for pure/high quality heroin, as I'm told, though we have tons of the black tar stuff that i mentioned.

As far as weed goes, I'd call San Francisco, Oakland and Berkeley are the holy trifecta of no one giving a *****. I've been paid with weed by a police officer, while working at a video store in SF. That should say something It was pretty bad weed though, which should be a felony if you live in California, especially Northern california.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or