U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,249,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
Follow those links I posted previously. Manhattan has TGIFridays, Applebees and Chilis. I'd bet more than you'll make in your lifetime that those locations have a two hour wait on the weekends just like their suburban counterparts. And, don't give me any crap about the tourists being the only people who eat there. Local NYers eat more than just ethnic food from mom-n-pop eateries. Sometimes it's nice to eat in a mediocre yuppie joint where the food may be average, but at least it's consistent. Personally, I am not a fan of the 'burbs, but even I'll admit to eating at Chilis. I'd wait in line for their Southwest eggrolls for at least two hours, if not more.

Yes.

To be blunt, I find Rachael comical. Part of me thinks she makes outlandish claims entirely humorously. Part of me thinks she makes outlandish claims just to get people angry. Part of me thinks she makes outlandish claims because she truly believes what she says. Either way, I don't want it to stop. It's far too entertaining to me. Perhaps, most of all, I'm impressed with her dedication to stick to her guns regardless of how insane the claim may be and despite all evidence to the contrary. It truly is an amazing thing to witness.

The food chains still have good food. I go there sometimes. I also go to the mom and pop local restaurants. It just depends what your tastes are and what you're in the mood for. I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of.

The dedication to proving points is just your typical NY attitude that other people have besides me, lol.

I mean, what other city do its residents get into a heated argument for almost an hour about the best way to get from point a to point b? Yeah, usually NYers lol. We waste a lot of time arguing, and I'll admit that lol.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
what is funny to me is that you continue to argue with rachael84

if you dont like her then add her to your ignore list.

she should do the same

He claimed to have put me on ignore, and didn't seem to answer my posts for a few days. Now he's back to it. Must have taken me off

Old 04-15-2009, 10:39 PM

4,467 posts, read 8,443,683 times
thats right NYC is the capital of the world=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
I bet Rachael's going to say Long Island 'burbs have the most.

Because... well... NYC has the most, the best, the biggest of everything. NYC is the center of the universe. The 'burbs are anyhow.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:58 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,158,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Yeah, because southerners want the good italian bakeries we have The thing is, we have them all over the place. You guys will have ONE NY italian bakery based out of NY. Not the same, buddy

Maybe someday you'll get a Grimaldi's pizzeria there too
You are truly, truly ignorant if you think this.

But, you have never been here so you wouldn't know.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:11 PM

5,429 posts, read 13,180,624 times
Quote:
Maybe someday you'll get a Grimaldi's pizzeria there too
You mean like the two in the "outskirts of Houston" (Woodlands and Sugar Land) where's there's "nothing"?

Old 04-16-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
You mean like the two in the "outskirts of Houston" (Woodlands and Sugar Land) where's there's "nothing"?

It doesn't matter if it's the same restaurant; it still tastes different outside of NY. I've had the same restaurants outside of NY and it still didn't taste the same. It's in the water, as most restaurant owners say

Old 04-16-2009, 01:19 PM

269 posts, read 416,161 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter if it's the same restaurant; it still tastes different outside of NY. I've had the same restaurants outside of NY and it still didn't taste the same. It's in the water, as most restaurant owners say
They invented a machine to replicate the water for the other locations. I actually just ate there a few weeks ago, and it was excellent!

Old 04-16-2009, 01:22 PM

Huh? They can replicate it, but it isn't like getting the water from actual upstate NY

Old 04-16-2009, 01:28 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,158,449 times
Quote:
Huh? They can replicate it, but it isn't like getting the water from actual upstate NY
We get our water from the mountains of North Georgia, and our pizza and bagels taste exactly the same as yours do.

New York does not own the patent to clear mountain water.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:29 PM

269 posts, read 416,161 times
Quote:
The Brooklyn Paper: Grimaldi’s to go (to Manhattan)

I've eaten in both locations, and if it was different I didn't notice.

On the other hand, I made the mistake of eating at Dallas BBQ in NYC. That was an abomination. Every region has their own great specialties, neither is better nor worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.