U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-16-2009, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,298,946 times
Reputation: 1819

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
We get our water from the mountains of North Georgia, and our pizza and bagels taste exactly the same as yours do.

New York does not own the patent to clear mountain water.
The water in north GA and upstate NY is very different. 2 completely different regions, LOL. The bagels don't taste the same. I've had bagels while in GA. What a mistake that was. I've had your typical "NY bagel" out of state and it was nothing like at home

Nothing beats Brooklyn bagel
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3391/...5154b9ea98.jpg

 
Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 12,197,568 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
The water in north GA and upstate NY is very different. 2 completely different regions, LOL. The bagels don't taste the same. I've had bagels while in GA. What a mistake that was. I've had your typical "NY bagel" out of state and it was nothing like at home

Nothing beats Brooklyn bagel
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3391/...5154b9ea98.jpg
Since you supposedly are an educator, why don't you enlighten us as to how mountain water from New York is better than mountain water from Georgia?

Pizza tastes the same, bagels taste the same. I have many friends from New York, and they all say the same thing.

We have a little Jewish bagel place around the corner, and they have the same exact bagels and shmear you have.
 
Old 04-16-2009, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,298,946 times
Reputation: 1819
I never saw anything like that down south. We went to this "NY bagel" store in south Florida, where you would expect would taste similar to NY since so many NYers live down there. The owner even just moved from NY. We had spoken to him and he said, "no place will taste like it does in NY because the water is different than where water in metro NYC comes from." They tasted terrible. We were all excited but disappointed.
 
Old 04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
4,469 posts, read 8,467,927 times
Reputation: 5522
Wow... Why do the southerners need to lie? I am from New York and right now I live in the south. I live in Virginia. There is no way that the south Pizza taste like New York. That is why in the ocean front at Virginia Beach they have a NY Pizza shop that taste like the NY Pizza. You can click at this link to see that I am not lying. Also I know what I am talking about because like I said above I live in the south.
N Y Pizza - Virginia Beach, VA, 23451 - Citysearch

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
We get our water from the mountains of North Georgia, and our pizza and bagels taste exactly the same as yours do.

New York does not own the patent to clear mountain water.
 
Old 04-16-2009, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 12,197,568 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I never saw anything like that down south. We went to this "NY bagel" store in south Florida, where you would expect would taste similar to NY since so many NYers live down there. The owner even just moved from NY. We had spoken to him and he said, "no place will taste like it does in NY because the water is different than where water in metro NYC comes from." They tasted terrible. We were all excited but disappointed.
So since you never saw a little Jewish bagel place in intown Atlanta, it doesn't exist? Riiiiight.

We were not talking about South Florida - which has TERRIBLE water. I am still waiting for your superior education to show us how NY mountain water is superior to GA mountain water.
 
Old 04-16-2009, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 12,197,568 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Wow... Why do the southerners need to lie? I am from New York and right now I live in the south. I live in Virginia. There is no way that the south Pizza taste like New York. That is why in the ocean front at Virginia Beach they have a NY Pizza shop that taste like the NY Pizza. You can click at this link to see that I am not lying. Also I know what I am talking about because like I said above I live in the south.
N Y Pizza - Virginia Beach, VA, 23451 - Citysearch
The Tidewater is NOT Atlanta. I would suggest that you come here to experience what I am taking about before labeling me a liar. Got it?
 
Old 04-16-2009, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Teaneck, NJ
1,576 posts, read 5,149,923 times
Reputation: 683
South FL water smells like a fart... o sorry, sulfer.
 
Old 04-16-2009, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,298,946 times
Reputation: 1819
This is a REAL pizzeria. My friend from PA last week said she was impressed that every pizzeria in metro NY actually had italians working in them. She said the pizza couldn't compare to anywhere else she's had it

The pizzeria in my old neighborhood, with the best sicilian slice you'll ever eat outside of Italy.
Rosa's Pizza: Experts with Dough, Sauce and Cheese
 
Old 04-16-2009, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
4,469 posts, read 8,467,927 times
Reputation: 5522
I will defenitely go there. Rachael Have you ever been to a Pizzeria in castle hill the Bronx? They have a slice that is 1 foot long. Those slices are very good also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
This is a REAL pizzeria. My friend from PA last week said she was impressed that every pizzeria in metro NY actually had italians working in them. She said the pizza couldn't compare to anywhere else she's had it

The pizzeria in my old neighborhood, with the best sicilian slice you'll ever eat outside of Italy.
Rosa's Pizza: Experts with Dough, Sauce and Cheese
 
Old 04-16-2009, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Coastal Northeast
16,834 posts, read 23,296,798 times
Reputation: 5893
It is no secret that the water in NYC is different, that's for sure. It isn't "better" or worse than anywhere else, just different.

There are a few places in CA that ship water out to Orange County from NYC to make New York bagels. It works, and they are the exact same bagels you'll find at Ess-a-bagel in Manhattan. This place makes enough dough in 6 months, so they can close for the remainder of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top