Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 03:04 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,291,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
This is a REAL pizzeria. My friend from PA last week said she was impressed that every pizzeria in metro NY actually had italians working in them. She said the pizza couldn't compare to anywhere else she's had it

The pizzeria in my old neighborhood, with the best sicilian slice you'll ever eat outside of Italy.
Rosa's Pizza: Experts with Dough, Sauce and Cheese
And this is your proof that NY mountain water makes a superior pizza to what can be found here?

People from NY and Italy are opening up places here. I had a friend from FL last week and she was impressed that pizzerias here routinely hire chefs from Naples and Palermo. She said the pizza coundn't compare to anywhere else she had it.

This is the hottest ticket in town right now. The best pizza you'll ever eat outside of Naples and Palermo.
First Look: Varasano's Pizzeria | Atlanta | Restaurants & Bars | Grazing

Old 04-16-2009, 03:10 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,839,302 times
The idea is that he's "recreating" the pizza. Yeah, not original, nice try though

I just looked at the menu. No garlic knots, no calzones, manicotti, no stromboli, nothing. All you non-italians probably don't know what some of those are, or even the correct way to pronounce it LOL.

I just did a search for NY pizzerias in the Atlanta area. Went on their websites. The pizza looks nothing like NY pizza lol.

And oh yeah, bagels don't come from the Jewish people.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:15 PM

Here ya go, here's a comparison for you to compare the 2 places. Here's a picture of the pizzeria not far from me, and here's that fancy place you described. That restaurant looks like New Haven style pizza, not NY. 2 totally different styles.

NY pizza:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2160/...e11524d7bb.jpg

That "NY pizza" place in Atlanta:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/...61d7de43_o.jpg

No offense, but that looks kinda nasty. I don't know who would put cheddar cheese on a pizza.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:16 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,726,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Wow... Why do the southerners need to lie? I am from New York and right now I live in the south. I live in Virginia. There is no way that the south Pizza taste like New York. That is why in the ocean front at Virginia Beach they have a NY Pizza shop that taste like the NY Pizza. You can click at this link to see that I am not lying. Also I know what I am talking about because like I said above I live in the south.
N Y Pizza - Virginia Beach, VA, 23451 - Citysearch
So...even at a restaurant, located in the South, called "New York Pizza" that is run by Italian immigrants from New York? How is that not just as good? I've always wondered this - please enlighten us.

Tate Street with New York Pizza across the street on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wwritter/2262206299/ - broken link)

Old 04-16-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
The idea is that he's "recreating" the pizza. Yeah, not original, nice try though

I just looked at the menu. No garlic knots, no calzones, manicotti, no stromboli, nothing. All you non-italians probably don't know what some of those are, or even the correct way to pronounce it LOL.

I just did a search for NY pizzerias in the Atlanta area. Went on their websites. The pizza looks nothing like NY pizza lol.

And oh yeah, bagels don't come from the Jewish people.
Could you possibly be any more condescending and insulting? And for your information, I had an Italian partner for 10 years LOL.

And I am aware bagels don't come from Jewish people you snot. They just make the best.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM

I've never seen any bagel stores run by Jewish people. So now you're referring to me as a snot since you know it can't compete lol. Very mature.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,726,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
We get our water from the mountains of North Georgia, and our pizza and bagels taste exactly the same as yours do.

New York does not own the patent to clear mountain water.
She'll argue a point, even after you prove her wrong in 12 different ways. She's right, and that's it. She's better, and that's it. Her way is the best, and that's it.

That's an extremely ignorant way of thinking and not representative of people from NYC - I can say that with confidence.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Here ya go, here's a comparison for you to compare the 2 places. Here's a picture of the pizzeria not far from me, and here's that fancy place you described. That restaurant looks like New Haven style pizza, not NY. 2 totally different styles.

NY pizza:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2160/...e11524d7bb.jpg

That "NY pizza" place in Atlanta:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/...61d7de43_o.jpg

No offense, but that looks kinda nasty. I don't know who would put cheddar cheese on a pizza.
I guess all of the New Yorkers that are packing in must be a lie, right?

People put all kinds of things on pizza these days. Ever hear of a little place called California Pizza Kitchen?

Old 04-16-2009, 03:19 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,598,107 times
Default You didn't go to the West Village

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Yeah, I don't see what so many city dwellers find so special about row houses and condos, you might as well rent an apartment if you're going to share a wall with your neighbor. I remember when I was in Manhattan walking around 59th and 60th streets (near central park), all of the houses looked like something from the Cosby Show, that's just as much "cookie cutter" as the pics shown in this thread.
You can see houses still standing which were built in the 17th century by the Dutch. There is one which Peter Stuyvesant lived in which is still privately owned. I grew up around the corner from it. Go to Chelsea. There are many 18th Century apartment buildings.

If you look, you will find them.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:21 PM

It may be good for the area, but it isn't like ACTUAL NY pizza. Tons of people from Long Island have moved to NC and they come on and say how much they miss "real" bagels and pizza. They say the best NY pizzerias can't compare to how it is at home. Give me a break. I can't even I'm actually having a discussion with you about this lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.