Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 04:15 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,658,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Again, she thinks people everywhere else are unable to travel. We've all been to NYC dear...it's okay in many ways, it's great in many ways, and it sucks in many ways - no matter what you think.
If you say that NYC suck in many ways, so my question would be... Why a lot of people are trying to move to NYC?

A recent poll found that even in these times, almost half of young America wants to move to New York.
Why People Still Want to Move to New York in Tough Times -- New York Magazine

Answer me that in your next post please...

Old 04-16-2009, 04:18 PM

269 posts, read 466,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
If you say that NYC suck in many ways, so my question would be... Why a lot of people are trying to move to NYC?

A recent poll found that even in these times, almost half of young America wants to move to New York.
Why People Still Want to Move to New York in Tough Times -- New York Magazine

Answer me that in your next post please...
Every city is great in many ways and sucks in many ways. Are you going to tell us that NYC is PERFECT?

Old 04-16-2009, 04:20 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,291,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Please...quit making up things in your little mind that you wish people say about your city. I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Atlanta pizza just as famous as NY pizza... lol.
I'm surprised your reading comprehension isn't better, being that you're a teacher. I NEVER said it was famous, I said it is the same.

BIG difference.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:21 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,658,832 times
Nope not at all, but it was his statement that when said "it sucks in many ways"

So what I am trying to figure out is in What ways it sucks when many are trying to move to New York?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie28 View Post
Every city is great in many ways and sucks in many ways. Are you going to tell us that NYC is PERFECT?

Old 04-16-2009, 04:22 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,839,302 times
So if Atlanta pizza is the same as NY, then it's famous. Simple reasoning ...that makes me fall over laughing.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
So if Atlanta pizza is the same as NY, then it's famous. Simple reasoning ...that makes me fall over laughing.
So if I sing just as well as a famous singer, does that mean I am famous too? Simple reasoning, after all.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Nope not at all, but it was his statement that when said "it sucks in many ways"

So what I am trying to figure out is in What ways it sucks when many are trying to move to New York?
Can you read? He said it's "okay in many ways, is great in many ways, and it sucks in many ways." Meaning that there are good and bad things about the city..just like any other place.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:26 PM

Well if Atlanta pizza was apparently that good, you would hear of people discussing it a lot on the board. Remember the thread about the best pizza in the country??? It was nearly 60 pages long. Not ONE response saying Atlanta pizza. If it was as good as NY's, people would go out of their way to Atlanta to have the pizza (like they do here sometimes), which would therefore mean it's just as famous.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Well if Atlanta pizza was apparently that good, you would hear of people discussing it a lot on the board. Remember the thread about the best pizza in the country??? It was nearly 60 pages long. Not ONE response saying Atlanta pizza. If it was as good as NY's, people would go out of their way to Atlanta to have the pizza (like they do here sometimes), which would therefore mean it's just as famous.
Meh. I was just pointing out that your "simple reasoning" statement was false, and could not be applied.

I couldn't care less about pizza. I had great pizza in NYC, but I've had great pizza other places as well. You guys have at this argument.

Oh, and you never admitted that you were wrong about the bagel/Jewish thing. Funny how you ignore posts that prove you wrong.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:32 PM

I just read that now. There are so many posts that it's hard to keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.