U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-16-2009, 04:29 PM
 
7,848 posts, read 18,300,120 times
Reputation: 2785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie28 View Post
So if I sing just as well as a famous singer, does that mean I am famous too? Simple reasoning, after all.
I bet you sound just like Whitney Houston when you're singing in the car!

 
Old 04-16-2009, 04:30 PM
 
7,848 posts, read 18,300,120 times
Reputation: 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I have travelled around this country. I have travelled around the world. The city that comes closest to NYC isn't even in this country. It is LONDON.
Wow...mom's comments are just as pertinent as daughter's! I see that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...
 
Old 04-16-2009, 05:05 PM
 
Location: where my heart is
5,642 posts, read 7,992,859 times
Reputation: 1661
Default Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Wow...mom's comments are just as pertinent as daughter's! I see that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...
You think maybe Houston does?

Of course, the SOUTH is better than anyplace in the entire country.

My daughter at least likes visiting places in the South. I don't.
 
Old 04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,275,085 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
This from tough girl who gets in the faces of crackheads on the streets of NYC. Right.

Yep, and also knows how to shoot in the 5 point range target with a pistol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...1509_16452.jpg
 
Old 04-16-2009, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 12,176,933 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Yep, and also knows how to shoot in the 5 point range target with a pistol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...1509_16452.jpg
OMG!

People as irrational as you should not be allowed anywhere NEAR a gun.
 
Old 04-16-2009, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,275,085 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
OMG!

People as irrational as you should not be allowed anywhere NEAR a gun.

People like you should get a job where they don't spend all their time on a message board

I must be so irrational since I passed all my certification tests and managed to get a teaching job, right?
 
Old 04-16-2009, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
4,469 posts, read 8,456,206 times
Reputation: 5522
You say the South is better than anyplace in the entire country you are wrong. The west and the North is better in the entire country. There are more stuff to do than in the South. Many Museums, Acquariums, More clubs, more restaurants, lastly more of everything.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
You think maybe Houston does?

Of course, the SOUTH is better than anyplace in the entire country.

My daughter at least likes visiting places in the South. I don't.
 
Old 04-16-2009, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 12,176,933 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
People like you should get a job where they don't spend all their time on a message board

I must be so irrational since I passed all my certification tests and managed to get a teaching job, right?
Any idiot can get certified.

The thought that you are responsible for young minds terrifies me to no end.
 
Old 04-16-2009, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,275,085 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Any idiot can get certified.

The thought that you are responsible for young minds terrifies me to no end.
Not in NYS where we have to take the 3 hardest certification tests compared to other states. It's not like down south where anyone with half a brain can get certified.

lol and that's why I'm commended for being a good teacher by my AP and Principal, right?

At least I have a well paying job, unlike some people on here who sit on city-data all day long tracking people's posts.
 
Old 04-16-2009, 06:25 PM
 
Location: where my heart is
5,642 posts, read 7,992,859 times
Reputation: 1661
Default You misunderstood my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
You say the South is better than anyplace in the entire country you are wrong. The west and the North is better in the entire country. There are more stuff to do than in the South. Many Museums, Acquariums, More clubs, more restaurants, lastly more of everything.
There is NOTHING in the South except, well, nevermind. Boring, boring, BORING.

But what to I know? I native New Yorker, now living in Mickey World.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top