Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 02:21 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I've never seen any bagel stores run by Jewish people. So now you're referring to me as a snot since you know it can't compete lol. Very mature.
No, I'm calling you a snot because you act like one. A spoled, rotten snot that is never wrong even when proven so.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
It may be good for the area, but it isn't like ACTUAL NY pizza. Tons of people from Long Island have moved to NC and they come on and say how much they miss "real" bagels and pizza. They say the best NY pizzerias can't compare to how it is at home. Give me a break. I can't even I'm actually having a discussion with you about this lol.
More rubbish. You just can't admit that you've been proven wrong.

Again.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:24 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
that's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. I know what ingredients go on a real NY pizza. When I see all this extra stuff, dry cheese, not enough sauce, I can already tell it isn't anything close. You're the one who's been called out.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
that's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. I know what ingredients go on a real NY pizza. When I see all this extra stuff, dry cheese, not enough sauce, I can already tell it isn't anything close. You're the one who's been called out.
No. But thanks for playing.

I'm still waiting for the proof that NY mountain water is superior to GA mountain water.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:29 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
No. But thanks for playing.

I'm still waiting for the proof that NY mountain water is superior to GA mountain water.
She thinks these things are a secret outside of the northeast - recipes, smart growth, transit-oriented development, how to run an authentic restaurant, etc. It's sooooo stupid, I can't even continue discussing it. She's wacko.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:30 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
It is the taste you are used to. Yes, the WATER makes a difference. We knew a man who had a pizza parlor in Brooklyn and moved to Florida and opened a "NEW YORK Pizza Parlor". He himself said he could not replicate HIS NY pizza in Florida because the water was different.

I have had pizza in ITALY also. It is better than the pizza in Florida, California, etc., but it still not the "same" as in NY. Water makes all the difference.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:31 PM

269 posts, read 468,797 times
Quote:
The idea is that he's "recreating" the pizza. Yeah, not original, nice try though

I just looked at the menu. No garlic knots, no calzones, manicotti, no stromboli, nothing. All you non-italians probably don't know what some of those are, or even the correct way to pronounce it LOL.

I just did a search for NY pizzerias in the Atlanta area. Went on their websites. The pizza looks nothing like NY pizza lol.

And oh yeah, bagels don't come from the Jewish people.
So NYC might have some better pizza. Houston has better BBQ and Tex Mex. What is the point?

Although, the best pizza I have ever had is from Dolce Vita in Houston. Amazing and inventive.

Oh, and the bagel originated in Poland amongst Jewish families. "Bagel" is a Hebrew word.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
It is the taste you are used to. Yes, the WATER makes a difference. We knew a man who had a pizza parlor in Brooklyn and moved to Florida and opened a "NEW YORK Pizza Parlor". He himself said he could not replicate HIS NY pizza in Florida because the water was different.

I have had pizza in ITALY also. It is better than the pizza in Florida, California, etc., but it still not the "same" as in NY. Water makes all the difference.
Let me bring you up to speed here Rachael's Mom.

We were NOT discussing your pathetic little corner of South Florida.

Your daughter made the claim that NY mountain water was superior to GA mountain water. This discussion is not about Florida water.

I see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree here.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:35 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
I didn't say NY water is superior. Show me where I said that. I said it's DIFFERENT. I for one love Atlanta water. Whenever I'm there I bottle it up and drink it often. I think it's very good, but it's DIFFERENT than NY's. They're both good to me. It's the different chemicals in the water that help make the food here what it is.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:35 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
Default I am saying that pizza is different

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Let me bring you up to speed here Rachael's Mom.

We were NOT discussing your pathetic little corner of South Florida.

Your daughter made the claim that NY mountain water was superior to GA mountain water. This discussion is not about Florida water.

I see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree here.

from PLACE TO PLACE because of the WATER. As I said I have had pizza in ITALY, the ORIGIN of it. Have YOU have REAL ITALIAN pizza? It is nothing like anywhere else in the USA.

If I had to pick a place inside the USA for pizza, outside of New York, I would go with CHICAGO. Different, but still very, very good.

PS. I was BORN AND RAISED IN MANHATTAN, darling. I HATE FLORIDA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.