Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 12:18 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,180,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
I hope all you racial experts understand that kissing a black woman in the hood could get you shot, right? Oh, I'm sorry, was that racist for me to say? Get over it people, everyone is racist.
Misery loves company.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:19 AM

4,552 posts, read 14,973,334 times
its time to get over it, why does anyone care if an interracial couple are together, I saw in a magazine today that places in Georgia and Mississippi have a black and a white prom, 2 proms for 2 colors. I dont get why people still allow this.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:26 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,655,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
its time to get over it, why does anyone care if an interracial couple are together, I saw in a magazine today that places in Georgia and Mississippi have a black and a white prom, 2 proms for 2 colors. I dont get why people still allow this.
This stuff occurs because people are old-fashioned. They still live in their traditional environment. Also it happens because they are not diversed. Everyone should be with whoever they want.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:46 AM

91,962 posts, read 122,044,192 times
Doesn't surprise me about St. Louis. Like one of the comments on that article said, it is a city that is still polarized and the history of that area on those terms seem to be on that track.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Again, I'm not surprised about this. There is a lot about our country that we thought was gone, but if people only knew. I was reading about neo-slavery in a magazine out of Rochester and how this woman didn't get out of it until 1962 in Mississippi. You still had people in a similar type of life where my father was from in the Delta and I'm talking about the early 1990's. Heck, I bet people don't know that Mississippi didn't ratify the amendment for slavery until 1995. Kentucky didn't do it until 1976. So, when I see that some southern school systems still have Black and White prom King and Queens or even proms, it does not surprise me at all and such people think it is alright. It reminds me of a saying supposedly by Harriet Tubman that said, “I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.”

Old 04-16-2009, 07:47 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,708,792 times
It's just so weird to me how so many people get disturbed by others personal lives, even when you don't even know them! How would this effect me, it doesn't, so why should I care who they are kissing????

Old 04-16-2009, 07:51 AM

8,938 posts, read 17,157,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Doesn't surprise me about St. Louis.
Let's not be naive here. You could swap St. Louis with EVERY OTHER MAJOR CITY in America and have the same thing happen. It is complete lunacy to suggest this is reflective of STL and STL alone. This can happen in Southern California, it can happen in Chicago, it can happen in NYC. To think otherwise is sheer ignorance.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:03 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,818,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Online newspapers comments are notorious for bigotry nationwide.
y'all, I said it before, it was published in the St Louis Post-Dispatch, which is a bricks and morter paper, and fairly liberal at that. STLToday is the online outlet, everything that is in the actual paper is put on the site.
STL has always had severe racial problems, I am sorry to say, worse than a lot of other cities.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Let's not be naive here. You could swap St. Louis with EVERY OTHER MAJOR CITY in America and have the same thing happen. It is complete lunacy to suggest this is reflective of STL and STL alone. This can happen in Southern California, it can happen in Chicago, it can happen in NYC. To think otherwise is sheer ignorance.
I understand this, but can we be honest about St. Louis being a polarized city with a long history too? That's all I was saying and I wouldn't be surprised about other cities either, but there is a history there.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:21 AM

23,299 posts, read 43,744,365 times
Quote:
In GA, this was done by mutual agreement of the kids; they could not agree on the music format, so they agreed to hold separate proms and offer more 'urban' music at one and a more pop format at the other. No one was 'locked out' of either prom.
Just thought you might like the facts, which were twisted beyond recognition by Bill O'Reilly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.