U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 08:58 AM

55,709 posts, read 74,709,789 times

Advertisements

i am trying to find a thread where i can express my repressed anger about interracial dating, is this it?

Old 04-16-2009, 08:58 AM

3,277 posts, read 4,620,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Well, of course! I'm with you 100% on this one. I just couldn't get over all these hacks on here who act as if their hair had been blown back by the proverbial racial winds because of this incident.

Moderator removed - let's leave the racial words out of it. - I'm not interested to hear about racial incidents when it's only "news" if the racist is white person. When are people going to finally realize how racist all races are?

These "white people are so racist" threads get old, fast.
Who said this thread was about how racist White people are? All that you can gather from the premise is that a Black guy and White woman on the front page of a magazine pissed off some PD patrons. I think anything more being inferred from that is simply your own personal bias.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:00 AM

271 posts, read 157,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
its time to get over it, why does anyone care if an interracial couple are together, I saw in a magazine today that places in Georgia and Mississippi have a black and a white prom, 2 proms for 2 colors. I dont get why people still allow this.

Ummm because it's there right to associate with who they want to. I mean seriously you are going to force students to date or be around people they dont want to be around? Myself i have lived in black neighborhoods i have seen what goes on, it scares the crap out of me,i was afraid to walk to the store when i lived there. I did not want to associate with those people and i didn't once i saw there true colors come out.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:03 AM

23,440 posts, read 31,770,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo View Post
I am the op.
I meant the comments I've read on this forum (not on this thread) indicate that some of the major west coast cities at least may be the least racist
got it, your previous comment was a bit confusing.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:04 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,220,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Who said this thread was about how racist White people are? All that you can gather from the premise is that a Black guy and White woman on the front page of a magazine pissed off some PD patrons. I think anything more being inferred from that is simply your own personal bias.
I wasn't speaking of this thread. I'm speaking of city-data in general. It's a haven for liberal whites to come on and say, "poor black people - poor immigrants", "which region is most diverse", "which city is the most racist", which state has the worst racial history", "which state is lease accepting".

Give me a freaking break! It's old. Every damn one of them threads boils down to how racist whites are to either blacks or Latinos.

Come on people, don't you ever get tired of calling yourself a racist? If we are so damn racist get off your ass and get out and do something about it. You think Dr. MLK would have sat on his fat ass blogging about how oppressed he was? Ha

(And believe me, I do know how possible it is to get a group of inbred whites together to go nuts over something so stupid. But I also know they don't represent the white race just like blacks say criminal thugs do not represent their race)

Last edited by thatguy1; 04-16-2009 at 09:25 AM..

Old 04-16-2009, 09:04 AM

23,440 posts, read 31,770,428 times
Quote:
read the comments below the article, its horrifying, to say the least!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:06 AM

8,190 posts, read 12,348,696 times
If it were any other race combination, it wouldn't be as big a deal.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:22 AM

862 posts, read 2,511,609 times
Quote:
But I also know they don't represent the white race just like blacks say criminal thugs do not represent their race
I love the implication that blacks say criminal thugs don't represent their race, but it's not necessarily true. However, you know bigots don't represent whites.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:27 AM

3,277 posts, read 4,620,450 times
Quote:
I wasn't speaking of this thread. I'm speaking of city-data in general. It's a haven for liberal whites to come on and say, "poor black people - poor immigrants", "which region is most diverse", "which city is the most racist", which state has the worst racial history", "which state is lease accepting".

Give me a freaking break! It's old. Every damn one of them threads boils down to how racist whites are to either blacks or Latinos.

Come on people, don't you ever get tired of calling yourself a racist? If we are so damn racist get off your ass and get out and do something about it. You think Dr. MLK would have sat on his fat ass blogging about how suppressed he was? Ha

(And believe me, I do know how possible it is to get a group of inbred whites together to go nuts over something so stupid. But I also know they don't represent the white race just like blacks say criminal thugs do not represent their race)
Now that I understand your objection better, I think it's valid, if broad at some points and dismissive at others.

My metro has a history of shared disdain, and for that reason I would never want to live in another place where any one group of people felt animosity towards another group of people. I wouldn't deal with it. So yes, before I made a decision to move somewhere, I'd ask what the socioeconomic climate was like and I would hope anyone would before making such a leap. But the endless threads about "how racist is this state" are over simplistic and too numerous.

I don't think this represents White people as a whole. I don't think anything does. And I would definitely hope it isn't this of all things.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:27 AM

1,604 posts, read 3,506,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromutt View Post
Ummm because it's there right to associate with who they want to. I mean seriously you are going to force students to date or be around people they dont want to be around? Myself i have lived in black neighborhoods i have seen what goes on, it scares the crap out of me,i was afraid to walk to the store when i lived there. I did not want to associate with those people and i didn't once i saw there true colors come out.
And what about the people who want to integrate, do they have the same rights? Let me guess, according to your "theology," they wouldn't "simply because!"

Unless you're just as willing to defend those who want to integrate (not with the slime subset of a minority you saw, but the normal, law-abiding, assimilated ones) GTFO with your pro-segregationist agenda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Let's not be naive here. You could swap St. Louis with EVERY OTHER MAJOR CITY in America and have the same thing happen. It is complete lunacy to suggest this is reflective of STL and STL alone. This can happen in Southern California, it can happen in Chicago, it can happen in NYC. To think otherwise is sheer ignorance.
Dream On. If you went to cities like San Diego, Denver, Minneapolis, Seattle, Austin, Portland, and even places like San Fran, Tampa, Vegas, Phoenix, and Houston, you'd think you were in Canada.

Quote:
Now that I understand your objection better, I think it's valid, if broad at some points and dismissive at others.

My metro has a history of shared disdain, and for that reason I would never want to live in another place where any one group of people felt animosity towards another group of people. I wouldn't deal with it. So yes, before I made a decision to move somewhere, I'd ask what the socioeconomic climate was like and I would hope anyone would before making such a leap. But the endless threads about "how racist is this state" are over simplistic and too numerous.

I don't think this represents White people as a whole. I don't think anything does. And I would definitely hope it isn't this of all things.
Good for you. But here's one advice: Just don't think diversity = everyone getting along, some of the most diverse cities are very racially divided. The keyword is "integrated!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or