Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:36 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,010,310 times

Advertisements

darn it *kicks dirt* nothing beats MJ!

Old 04-16-2009, 12:40 PM

3,639 posts, read 8,283,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
I wasn't speaking of this thread. I'm speaking of city-data in general. It's a haven for liberal whites to come on and say, "poor black people - poor immigrants", "which region is most diverse", "which city is the most racist", which state has the worst racial history", "which state is lease accepting".

Give me a freaking break! It's old. Every damn one of them threads boils down to how racist whites are to either blacks or Latinos.

Come on people, don't you ever get tired of calling yourself a racist? If we are so damn racist get off your ass and get out and do something about it. You think Dr. MLK would have sat on his fat ass blogging about how oppressed he was? Ha

(And believe me, I do know how possible it is to get a group of inbred whites together to go nuts over something so stupid. But I also know they don't represent the white race just like blacks say criminal thugs do not represent their race)
good point. those threads come up too often

-word from mas23-

Last edited by mas23; 04-16-2009 at 01:14 PM..

Old 04-16-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
well, obama is actually white.

he's multi-racial but in america when you're famous and mixed, you're automatically black
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
well because i don't get why the black race gets to claim halle berry, tiger woods, obama, etc. when they're white, asian, and white. why do they get them and not us? LOL
like I said before when you're mixed and famous in america for some reason you're considered black. Why? I have no idea but this has been going on since like the 1700's.

-mas23-

Last edited by mas23; 04-16-2009 at 01:14 PM..

Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM

274 posts, read 196,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
And what about the people who want to integrate, do they have the same rights? Let me guess, according to your "theology," they wouldn't "simply because!"

Unless you're just as willing to defend those who want to integrate (not with the slime subset of a minority you saw, but the normal, law-abiding, assimilated ones) GTFO with your pro-segregationist agenda!

Dream On. If you went to cities like San Diego, Denver, Minneapolis, Seattle, Austin, Portland, and even places like San Fran, Tampa, Vegas, Phoenix, and Houston, you'd think you were in Canada.

Good for you. But here's one advice: Just don't think diversity = everyone getting along, some of the most diverse cities are very racially divided. The keyword is "integrated!"

Oh so now you get to attack other members? You know i could report you for doing that but naw i like a debate, those "people" who want to integrate let them, they want a whites only a blacks only and an integrated proms then let them not biggie but do not push 1 certain way on them.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:00 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,230,378 times
I wonder if the sensitivity on this issue has anything to do with the fact that <Black man -White woman> has become the de facto standard for portrayals of interracial relationships in the mass media.

I do not and never have had a problem with interracial dating or relationships. I have been in them myself with women of various races. I grew up in a community that for its time was very progressive on this front.

The thing is, in reality I have seen various combinations but someone recently called to my attention that on television, the majority of interracial relationships portrayed consist of a black man with a white woman. I have to admit that that does indeed seem to be the case and frankly, it smacks of Orwellian social engineering.

Why can't people just love whom they love and leave Big Brother out of it?

ABQConvict

Old 04-16-2009, 01:41 PM

92,398 posts, read 122,662,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post

he's multi-racial but in america when you're famous and mixed, you're automatically black

like I said before when you're mixed and famous in america for some reason you're considered black. Why? I have no idea but this has been going on since like the 1700's.

-mas23-
It doesn't have anything to do with being famous. If that is the case, then many a mixed slave must have been "famous". I suggest to look at history and the creation of race in the first place.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I wonder if the sensitivity on this issue has anything to do with the fact that <Black man -White woman> has become the de facto standard for portrayals of interracial relationships in the mass media.

I do not and never have had a problem with interracial dating or relationships. I have been in them myself with women of various races. I grew up in a community that for its time was very progressive on this front.

The thing is, in reality I have seen various combinations but someone recently called to my attention that on television, the majority of interracial relationships portrayed consist of a black man with a white woman. I have to admit that that does indeed seem to be the case and frankly, it smacks of Orwellian social engineering.

Why can't people just love whom they love and leave Big Brother out of it?

ABQConvict
Actually, I think it is the opposite. It still seems to be more taboo when it is a Black male and White woman, and it seems like you see more White men and Black women on TV. I think history has a lot to do with it and when sex is involved, it becomes even more sensitive.

Also, it seems like some combinations are accepted more than others. Couples that are: White male/Asian female and Black male/"Hispanic" female seem to be accepted more than others couples, in terms of interracial couples.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with being famous. If that is the case, then many a mixed slave must have been "famous". I suggest to look at history and the creation of race in the first place.
tru but they were mentioning famous people but regardless if you're mixed you're petty much labled as black

Old 04-16-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
tru but they were mentioning famous people but regardless if you're mixed you're petty much labled as black
Same with Asians and Native Americans too.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:44 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,618,022 times
Loving v. Virginia settled this more than 50 years ago. This is still an issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.