U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-02-2007, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,189 posts, read 24,906,244 times
Reputation: 3840

Advertisements

That's my privilege, too, my fellow poster!


Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
If you find them all offensive why the heck are you on here?

 
Old 04-02-2007, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,458,068 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveJesus View Post
Poor rednecks!! I prefer THEIR company to materialistic people who look down on you for not wearing expensive, designer clothes or for letting yourself age "naturally." What happened to--it's what is inside that counts??
Amen! It is what inside that counts!! And as a poster mentioned, some can have wonderful hearts and money. Some can also have wonderful hearts and no money and dress shabbily as put by another poster or Heaven forbid, be overweight.
 
Old 04-02-2007, 10:41 AM
 
1,501 posts, read 5,188,114 times
Reputation: 1128
There are down to earth folks who aren't pretentious. Then there are people with low self esteem who wish for everyone they encounter to be as miserable and insecure as they are. They either need to prop themselves up on their own by putting others down all the time, or try to drag others down with them.

And there are the very successful who, while fashionable, are satisfied enough within themselves that they needn't make others around them feel low in order to make themselves feel better. Oh yeah, there are the household names among them who you'd guess just looking as no "richer" than you are because they're not as fancy. They are secure and give others around them the same respectful, gracious, contagious feeling.

Been to many different areas and I appreciated living around the above over where I currently am because more people don't really seem to care about anything other than acting superior and obnoxious, and having to brag about every dang thing to make themselves feel bigger. The biggest thing is going to a different town and seeing all the pleasant smiles and courtesy, as opposed to all the perennial frowns and "only I matter" towards each other.

Give me a redneck or a gazillionaire over the "I have just a little more than my neighbor, but more. So am better and will let everyone know" obnoxious ignoramus anyday!
The OP should move here because it's either that, or "I don't care about anything because my life is miserable, and why should I care about anyone's feelings?".

I feel sorry for people who have to worry about what others are looking like. (Can't stand to be around own sister!)
Try worrying more about how people treat those they ecounter each day.
 
Old 04-02-2007, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,458,068 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
Since I have read so many posts from others saying they are "insulted" I will too. I find the idea that wealthy individuals are all "looking down on others" is insulting. That is not true. It is just something the lower class has come up with to rag on individuals for driving nice cars and wearing designer clothes. BTW, that's not a crime. You can look great on the outside and be a great person on the inside as well. It's not one or the other. I have driven luxury cars since I was 16. I have been voluntering on my weekends with several animal charitys since I had that nice car at 16. And let's not forget there are those who drive a crap car, look like crap and don't give a crap about others as well. It's not black and white!
Well, I have a multi-millionaire in my town who drives as you say "a crap car." He dresses casually, is clean, and couldn't care less what people think about his car, but he cares about people. Therefore, he doesn't fit all the criteria you mentioned in your post.

What kind of car one drives does not make a statement about the person whether it be a Lexus (although he or she would like it to do so) or a Ford Taurus.
 
Old 04-02-2007, 10:46 AM
 
3,042 posts, read 8,087,759 times
Reputation: 1154
i am black, southern and love my pickup, football, pig pickins, shrimp boils, hunting and fishin, front porch swinging, blues and country and my baptist church, biscuits and gravy----doesnt make me a redneck, but hey NOTHING wrong with a redneck any more than there is something wrong with a northern working class and poor white person or black person living in the city.

I wonder why they dont talk about those people? they are no different than the so called person they label redneck. I wonder if they would call the Italian american working class by a derogatory name, or poor working class black person by the N word?
 
Old 04-02-2007, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,458,068 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Being grossly overweight and sloppy is not to be proud of. It is a form of mental illness regardless of ones financial standing. Is my post Politically Correct, I guess not.


If your post were correct that overweight and sloppiness is a form of mental illness, then that's all the more reason you should be compassionate toward these people. Are we compassionate to those who have cancer? I would certainly hope so as an illness is an illness.
 
Old 04-02-2007, 11:14 AM
 
Location: fl
12 posts, read 52,613 times
Reputation: 32
Default rednecks

Maybe instead of traveling you should stay home and watch the travel channel.
 
Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 PM
 
1,075 posts, read 3,245,272 times
Reputation: 1129
We all know dingler & perhaps even a few others are just one's that like to get on message boards and try to stir people up, one's who have nothing better to do with their time, like some it's easier to condem & reject than to accept & welcome.

Be carefull of those you might cast stones upon since you never know who walks among you, one day it will be you that will be judged perhaps as you have judged others.
 
Old 04-02-2007, 12:08 PM
 
39 posts, read 171,564 times
Reputation: 14
It is going to be that 'redneck' that does not judge you when your car breaks down in their town, and you need help.
 
Old 04-02-2007, 12:14 PM
 
Location: At work
364 posts, read 396,190 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
Well, I have a multi-millionaire in my town who drives as you say "a crap car." He dresses casually, is clean, and couldn't care less what people think about his car, but he cares about people. Therefore, he doesn't fit all the criteria you mentioned in your post.

What kind of car one drives does not make a statement about the person whether it be a Lexus (although he or she would like it to do so) or a Ford Taurus.
IM NOT THE ONE MAKING GENERALAZATIONS. I am responding to someone who said everyone with a nice car looks down on those who don't. I AM SAYING NOT EVERYONE DOES!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top