U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-02-2007, 12:15 PM
 
3,042 posts, read 8,092,635 times
Reputation: 1154

Advertisements

Amen dreaming, isnt that the truth. I was stuck in a snowstorm in a backroad in upstate new york. my car was busted on the side of the road, not one cool hipster stopped to even ask if I needed help or offered to call me a tow truck. i didnt expect anyone to offer me a ride since I am a black male in a mostly white area, but I wasnt surprised when the only one who stopped for me was a poor white man in an old El Dorado with Alabama license plate stopped picked me up, took me to the gas station in the closest town, waited with me and drove me back to my car, and would not accept payment.

 
Old 04-02-2007, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Tampa Bay
1,020 posts, read 3,069,870 times
Reputation: 443
Well I guess you could say Ohio has a bunch of rednecks and white trash not fit to be. Isnt that what rednecks are, poor uneducated white people?
 
Old 04-02-2007, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Northeast
1,298 posts, read 2,408,475 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I recently went on a cross country automobile trip. My wife and I spent over a month traveling through the South and Midwest. We wanted to make a special trip to Small Town America and visit the most rural and isolated parts of America. It was an eye opening experience. While I ran into many nice people and a cast of characters that I will never forget, I was shocked how many real nasty looking Rednecks we have in America.

If someone was home-bound and not able to get outside and only contact with the rest of America was via television, you would have a false sense of what the typical person looked like in America. On TV most folks are nice looking and interested in their appearance. Also most people are white. Get outside and a whole new America shows itself.

In my travels I was shocked what I saw. So many people are FAT, just plain fat. Also so many people are just plain UGLY. So many people are also quite SLOPPY in their appearance. I saw so many people who appeared to have no self respect. They wore clothes that was not fitting, needed a haircut or an style update, were so overweight, were smoking up a storm, and whose face and bodies showed a life of bad choices and neglect. I have no word for people like this other than REDNECK.

So, what State in America has the most REDNECKS?
District of Columbia. Thankfully they're all confined to a 30 or 40 block radius, and are due to leave shortly

~TT
 
Old 04-02-2007, 04:53 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
5,298 posts, read 5,774,661 times
Reputation: 8141
Money does not make the man (or woman),and it isn't for us to judge imho. Some people work very hard and sometimes it may be a choice of feeding your family or feeding your ego.
 
Old 04-02-2007, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Northeast
1,298 posts, read 2,408,475 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree66 View Post
Money does not make the man (or woman),and it isn't for us to judge imho. Some people work very hard and sometimes it may be a choice of feeding your family or feeding your ego.
I don't think being a redneck has anything to do with money, at all.

It's a state of mind, and too many people have it

It would be NICE if they were really all down south, but that's not the case. I've met FAR more "Yankee-Rednecks" than I have so-called rednecks, and they're MUCH worse. I've found that those down south who are either called, or call themselves "Rednecks" are generally all about gettin drunk and have a good time. Yee-hah! Can't argue with that one.

"Yankee-Rednecks" now, they seem to be all about racism, bigotry, and hatred.

Just my own observations

~T
 
Old 04-02-2007, 05:34 PM
 
6,764 posts, read 19,771,112 times
Reputation: 4688
I don't think this is even a nice topic.
How is this helpful in anyway?
If someone wants to spend his or her life sitting on the porch smoking a pipe and wearing some old clothes who are we to judge?
Maybe that person is 100 times happier than some yuppy with his quarter of a million dollar salary and big house and big lifestyle.
If these sort of people offend the OP, he should just look the other way.

Free to be you and me, 'ain't that America?'
 
Old 04-02-2007, 06:08 PM
 
Location: At work
364 posts, read 397,059 times
Reputation: 76
This is the same crap over and over again. It seems the dozen or so people that frequent this site have the same arguments and say the same things over and over again. And many state they are offended by ALL topics. These dozen people just want to attack eachother over and over again on the same (as another poster said) "pitiful nonsense". Really is pitiful. Never hear these type conversations in real life. Why these people don't want to accept there are different opinions is beyond me. It's all generalazations. Really is pitiful nonsense.
 
Old 04-02-2007, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,463,056 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
This is the same crap over and over again. It seems the dozen or so people that frequent this site have the same arguments and say the same things over and over again. And many state they are offended by ALL topics. These dozen people just want to attack eachother over and over again on the same (as another poster said) "pitiful nonsense". Really is pitiful. Never hear these type conversations in real life. Why these people don't want to accept there are different opinions is beyond me. It's all generalazations. Really is pitiful nonsense.
Doesn't that include you as well?

And as you posted to ontheroad, "If you find them all offensive why the heck are you on here?" So if it is so pitiful, all generalizations, and nonsense, why are you contributing to the posts? I don't mean to me rude, but the same question does apply.

Your comment about Alabama and Mississippi was kind of pitiful and quite a generalization as well, and I quote:

"Since the original poster mentioned fat and ugly- Alabama and Mississippi. #1and #2 for obesity. Very very gross unkept looking people. Also top states for poverty. Somehow seems to go hand in hand."

I still think rednecks are hardworking people.
 
Old 04-02-2007, 08:59 PM
 
Location: At work
364 posts, read 397,059 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
Doesn't that include you as well?

And as you posted to ontheroad, "If you find them all offensive why the heck are you on here?" So if it is so pitiful, all generalizations, and nonsense, why are you contributing to the posts? I don't mean to me rude, but the same question does apply.

Your comment about Alabama and Mississippi was kind of pitiful and quite a generalization as well, and I quote:

"Since the original poster mentioned fat and ugly- Alabama and Mississippi. #1and #2 for obesity. Very very gross unkept looking people. Also top states for poverty. Somehow seems to go hand in hand."

I still think rednecks are hardworking people.
I don't create the facts. Mississippi & Alabama are #1 and #2 for obesity. Not a generalazation- a fact! They are also top in poverty. Again a fact. Dingler mentioned fat- I mentioned facts. Sorry if you don't like that but not my doing. No one said anything are hardworking or not. Gypsy said it was a "not nice or helpful" thread. You seem to enjoy it to keep on I guess.
 
Old 04-02-2007, 09:01 PM
 
Location: At work
364 posts, read 397,059 times
Reputation: 76
You make a generalazation that rednecks are hard working people? All of them? Doubtful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top