U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,457,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
You make a generalazation that rednecks are hard working people? All of them? Doubtful.
No, not really a generalization as the dictionary says rednecks are white farm laborers; rural working class So that's a fact as well; it identifies the true meaning of a redneck.

I wasn't referring to your facts about obesity in MS and AL; I was referring to you saying that the people are very, very gross and unkept.

Oh well, it really doesn't matter as long as we are who we are and are pleased with ourselves.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:07 AM

1,489 posts, read 8,121,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I recently went on a cross country automobile trip. My wife and I spent over a month traveling through the South and Midwest. We wanted to make a special trip to Small Town America and visit the most rural and isolated parts of America. It was an eye opening experience. While I ran into many nice people and a cast of characters that I will never forget, I was shocked how many real nasty looking Rednecks we have in America.

If someone was home-bound and not able to get outside and only contact with the rest of America was via television, you would have a false sense of what the typical person looked like in America. On TV most folks are nice looking and interested in their appearance. Also most people are white. Get outside and a whole new America shows itself.

In my travels I was shocked what I saw. So many people are FAT, just plain fat. Also so many people are just plain UGLY. So many people are also quite SLOPPY in their appearance. I saw so many people who appeared to have no self respect. They wore clothes that was not fitting, needed a haircut or an style update, were so overweight, were smoking up a storm, and whose face and bodies showed a life of bad choices and neglect. I have no word for people like this other than REDNECK.

So, what State in America has the most REDNECKS?
No offense, but your extreme judgmentalism and narrow mindedness sound very redneck to me.

Upstate New York and Vermont have lots of rednecks.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:15 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,153,392 times
Default Someone get out the troll spray

now! BE GONE!!! BE GONE!!! BE GONE!!!! SO IT IS! HEE HEE

Old 04-03-2007, 02:35 AM

3,940 posts, read 13,334,532 times
Default South Dakota

Although I have heard that Louisiana is the "unhealthiest" place to live...

I would vote Alabama as the state with the most REDNECKS... just say the name, Alabama...

Oh yeah, I am also from South Dakota... not much different. Pregant teenagers, scruffy men in flannel shirts with missing teeth and an '89 Chevy Truck, and IMMENSE women...

I get aroused if I ever see a woman wearing Chanel!

Usually turns out to be a tourist from Minnesota..

Old 04-03-2007, 06:45 AM

364 posts, read 396,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
No, not really a generalization as the dictionary says rednecks are white farm laborers; rural working class So that's a fact as well; it identifies the true meaning of a redneck.

I wasn't referring to your facts about obesity in MS and AL; I was referring to you saying that the people are very, very gross and unkept.

Oh well, it really doesn't matter as long as we are who we are and are pleased with ourselves.

You seem to want to argue- I don't. We all have our own opinions, obviously... everyone is saying theres here. I could care less what the dictionary says. The term redneck is not confined to what the dictionary says. You know as well as I do it is used other ways. Big deal. As DananyBanany said you just say Alabama and you think rednecks. The locals are to blame for that. I'm done talking to you.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:04 AM

34,667 posts, read 33,671,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I recently went on a cross country automobile trip. My wife and I spent over a month traveling through the South and Midwest. We wanted to make a special trip to Small Town America and visit the most rural and isolated parts of America. It was an eye opening experience. While I ran into many nice people and a cast of characters that I will never forget, I was shocked how many real nasty looking Rednecks we have in America.

In my travels I was shocked what I saw. So many people are FAT, just plain fat. Also so many people are just plain UGLY. So many people are also quite SLOPPY in their appearance.

So, what State in America has the most REDNECKS?
While I do not know what state in America has the most capitalized rednecks, fat or ugly people, I'm guessing your state leads the pack in MENTAL MIDGETS.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:08 AM
Yac

5,923 posts, read 6,530,630 times
This whole forum is not a troll friendly place. At least we try to keep it this way. This thread contradicts this rule.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.