U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 01:38 AM

2,057 posts, read 4,934,010 times

Advertisements

goldenstateofmind,

cali and miami are very expensive too.

i think one of the reasons is because of the "good" weather and access to beaches

I dont know if living in that expensive of a place would be worth it to me because i am would be paying for beaches and beaches as a whole dont interest me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 01:38 AM

25,107 posts, read 35,659,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
do you own a home that has a big lawn?

how in the hell do you get your yard work done in the summer?

i would have to pay someone to do it
No, I have a home on 10 acres at the base of the Superstition Mountain. My "landscaping" is natural.

However, I have owned properties with grass and such - and yes, I hired people to take care of it weekly.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:54 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,135,080 times
Quote:
goldenstateofmind,

cali and miami are very expensive too.

i think one of the reasons is because of the "good" weather and access to beaches

I dont know if living in that expensive of a place would be worth it to me because i am would be paying for beaches and beaches as a whole dont interest me
Yeah I definitely understand,you have to really like the beach to pay to live close to in here or in Miami.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:22 AM

2,317 posts, read 6,984,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
We "May" hit 100 tomorrow in the Phoenix Metro area. Then it should start cooling down to the high 70's by the weekend.

We deal with our 110's to 115's during the summer - and it is for a short period of the. Some years back, we did hit 122 for a couple of days in a row. No big deal.
My lands! Cooling down to the high 70s... I was in LA last month and it was 75-80ish and it was way too hot for me! My family from Yuma were there also and they were constantly cold.

It was over 80 here in Southern Oregon today and reminded me why I live in the Pacific Northwest. Almost never too cold or too hot to be outside and doing things. I mean, it does get over 100, but it's manageable, even enjoyable, because it isn't for very long stretches. 7 degrees for a month? 115 degrees for a month? No thank you. I have never experienced anything weather-wise that cold or hot in my life, and I'm perfectly okay with it thus far.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:21 AM

2,441 posts, read 6,220,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
We "May" hit 100 tomorrow in the Phoenix Metro area. Then it should start cooling down to the high 70's by the weekend.

We deal with our 110's to 115's during the summer - and it is for a short period of the. Some years back, we did hit 122 for a couple of days in a row. No big deal.
High 70s by this weekend? According to whom? All of the weather stations are predicting temperatures above 90 degrees until next Monday. This really isn't even record heat either. Last week we had a very cool high of only 67 degrees, this week we'll see 100. Average the two together, and you'll pretty much be on target for our average temperature this time of year, which I believe is 87 or 88.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:25 AM

2,441 posts, read 6,220,607 times
Quote:
A couple of months ago during the peak winter the temperature was 7 degrees.

I went to the gym and did all of my errands in this weather with a short sleeve shirt on and LOVED IT!

I will NEVER understand why someone wants to wear a short sleeve shirt/shorts and have sweat dripping down there forehead just to check there mailbox.

What is everyones obsession with living in a oven for all 12 months out of the year?

Do you guys not want to have seasons?
I don't think that there are any places in the United States that are ovens for 12 months of the year. The warmest winter temperatures are found in South Florida, with most days seeing highs between 70 and 80 degrees. Southern California and Arizona can see very chilly weather during the winter, with highs only in the 50s and lows in the 30s and 40s.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:39 AM

6,046 posts, read 10,227,853 times
Some people have a higher tolerance for the heat. I wonder why someone would want to have to bundle up just to check their mailbox. Just because someone wants warmth doesn't mean they can't have seasons. Many Southern places have 3 seasons (some even have 4, although winter is much more mild and tolerable than the North).

Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 AM

438 posts, read 1,138,954 times
Where is it an oven in the U.S. all year long? I don't think there is such a place. Here in Houston it gets really hot between June and Septemper. But the rest of the year is pretty mild.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
I don't think that there are any places in the United States that are ovens for 12 months of the year. The warmest winter temperatures are found in South Florida, with most days seeing highs between 70 and 80 degrees. Southern California and Arizona can see very chilly weather during the winter, with highs only in the 50s and lows in the 30s and 40s.
Miami fits perfectly into what I would call a oven 12 months out of the year.

EXACTLY. I do not want to live in a place that is 70 degrees in the winter.

I expect to see snow in the winter

Old 04-20-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoolbro View Post
Where is it an oven in the U.S. all year long? I don't think there is such a place. Here in Houston it gets really hot between June and Septemper. But the rest of the year is pretty mild.
IMO, you current location would fit the bill just fine

Houston is too hot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.