U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:12 AM

438 posts, read 1,127,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Miami fits perfectly into what I would call a oven 12 months out of the year.

EXACTLY. I do not want to live in a place that is 70 degrees in the winter.

I expect to see snow in the winter
Snow is overrated...LOL. I say that as a chicago native. It's nice around Christmas time, but after that it gets annoying. But hey whatever floats your boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 AM

5,990 posts, read 11,562,228 times
You can always move here - right now it's 45 degrees and raining, and it's supposed to snow tomorrow. We're still waiting on spring. It seems like you'd love Michigan weather.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:19 AM

2,057 posts, read 4,869,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoolbro View Post
Snow is overrated...LOL. I say that as a chicago native. It's nice around Christmas time, but after that it gets annoying. But hey whatever floats your boat.
i would rather deal with the freezer in chicago over the oven in miami

Old 04-20-2009, 07:30 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,947,519 times
I have been to Florida numerous times and I can tolerate their heat (I guess it's the ocean breezes) more than here, but I can still tolerate it here. I love summer!!!!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:54 AM

3,073 posts, read 5,447,005 times
I absolutely LOVE hot weather, but I sometimes wonder if that's because we only get it in small doses here.

To me, there's nothing better than those hot, humid, 90-degree summer days. I like being able to go outside at midnight or 6:00 AM in shorts and a t-shirt and be completely comfortable. I've also never lived in an air-conditioned house. I wait all winter for the warm stuff, I'm not going to spend it in A/C!!

I think I probably live in the wrong state.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:00 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,092,008 times
I personally think summer weather is the best weather to be outdoors in. Some people dislike the sweating, but it doesn't bother me, at least not at this stage in my life. However, when I was a teen, I longed to live some place cooler than Houston. Houston's humidity caused havoc to my tender skin, making it overly susceptible to acne. But, now I'm an adult, and I don't have those same problems, and I've satisfied the settlement aspects of my wanderlust (at least until I'm transferred for work or I'm retired), and I prefer to live in a place like Houston. At this stage in life, the humidity is great for my skin, and I no longer have to contend with finding storage space for two separate seasonal wardrobes. I can dress the same in Houston year-round. The only thing that changes from summer to winter is the addition of a jacket.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:50 AM

3,047 posts, read 8,137,063 times
different stroke for different folks. i prefer not to live in an area that looks dead for 5-6 months out the year like it is in most northern climates. i'm in chicago and even though the plant life is dormant, i would prefer to live where everything in alive 24/7/365 days a year. plus, sure it can be exciting when robins and the other spring life returns after bone chilling weather and cloudy skies for weeks/months on end but i would prefer that they never left in the 1st place! there's a reason why they left and i think i want to leave with them.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:38 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,562,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
I absolutely LOVE hot weather, but I sometimes wonder if that's because we only get it in small doses here.

To me, there's nothing better than those hot, humid, 90-degree summer days. I like being able to go outside at midnight or 6:00 AM in shorts and a t-shirt and be completely comfortable. I've also never lived in an air-conditioned house. I wait all winter for the warm stuff, I'm not going to spend it in A/C!!

You need to move to Florida. One thing I love about Michigan is the LACK of heat and humidity (most of the time). I love those 70 degree summer days, but I can't take the extreme heat.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:45 PM

1,779 posts, read 3,484,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post

C'mon down to Florida. Upper 80's for the past month, slowly but surely creeping into the lower to mid 90's every day for the summer.... and winter usually is no lower than mid 70's to low 80's...

I live for heat and humidity, Florida is perfect.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:15 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,075,130 times
It's 98 as I type this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.