U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-20-2009, 07:16 PM
 
2,057 posts, read 4,881,552 times
Reputation: 983

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Alaska's the place for you!
Nah, Alaska is too cold

I think people are misunderstanding my point

I like cold weather in winter and hot weather in summer

I want all 4 seasons. Not a place that is 70 at the peak of the winter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2009, 07:48 PM
 
Location: West Coast
1,303 posts, read 3,607,046 times
Reputation: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Nah, Alaska is too cold

I think people are misunderstanding my point

I like cold weather in winter and hot weather in summer

I want all 4 seasons. Not a place that is 70 at the peak of the winter
What about low 60s high 50s in the peak of winter, then low 80s in the peak of summer with very little humidity. Trees lose there leaves and bloom too in that climate. No snow though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2009, 10:16 PM
 
Location: Augusta GA
880 posts, read 2,535,756 times
Reputation: 357
Yeah, I'm originally from NH. I actually found the heat harder to handle in metro Atlanta when I lived there than where I live in Augusta now. I guess the heat island effect may have something to do with it. Duluth GA gets very hot and humid in the summer by the way. Make sure your car has good AC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2009, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 35,270,439 times
Reputation: 4900
We recently completed a home in Sitka, Alaska and beginning this summer - we will "summer there" and Winter in Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2009, 06:37 AM
 
Location: Southern Minnesota
5,990 posts, read 11,599,440 times
Reputation: 3235
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudewiththeplan View Post
Yeah, I'm originally from NH. I actually found the heat harder to handle in metro Atlanta when I lived there than where I live in Augusta now. I guess the heat island effect may have something to do with it. Duluth GA gets very hot and humid in the summer by the way. Make sure your car has good AC.
That's really unfortunate. I really dislike humid, hot weather. Looks like it will take me a while to get used to the heat. I do have an air-conditioned car, so it shouldn't be too bad. At least the 'winters' should be nice, without the cold and snow. Too bad there's no real lakes in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2009, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
3,047 posts, read 8,152,748 times
Reputation: 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
What about low 60s high 50s in the peak of winter, then low 80s in the peak of summer with very little humidity. Trees lose there leaves and bloom too in that climate. No snow though.
Wow, that sounds perfect. What place is this, Georgia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2009, 08:32 AM
 
1,694 posts, read 5,086,161 times
Reputation: 696
66 right now but supposed to be in the 90s later
Back to 70s tomorrow though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2009, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
3,047 posts, read 8,152,748 times
Reputation: 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
66 right now but supposed to be in the 90s later
Back to 70s tomorrow though
I wish I was you right now. 38 and raining in Chicago, want to switch places for a month or two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2009, 09:06 AM
 
3,884 posts, read 8,982,546 times
Reputation: 1477
Preparing to hunker down for the summer right now! Hitting around 102 today as we are getting our annual "heat teaser" to get us ready for the summer. Satan time! We mostly stay inside and drink lots of water to avoid the "beastly heat". If you look closely you can almost see the horns on our state. lol

Kids are always wanting to move to a cooler climate. I feel for them, they are as white and freckled as you could get and really can't enjoy the summer here. So we spend summer vaca sitting inside playing games, etc. It would be nice to actually have the good weather line up with summer vacation.
Its would be like Mich. having summer vaca in Jan, Feb, and March. Your kids are just locked inside with nothing to do. Sucks!

Sometimes I like a little heat myself but 110 is just like living in hell. I know AZers will yell at me for this post but they know it's too hot in the summer. They are just Satan's children. he he Kidding, no religious replies please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2009, 09:42 AM
 
6,046 posts, read 10,076,868 times
Reputation: 2334
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Preparing to hunker down for the summer right now! Hitting around 102 today as we are getting our annual "heat teaser" to get us ready for the summer. Satan time! We mostly stay inside and drink lots of water to avoid the "beastly heat". If you look closely you can almost see the horns on our state. lol

Kids are always wanting to move to a cooler climate. I feel for them, they are as white and freckled as you could get and really can't enjoy the summer here. So we spend summer vaca sitting inside playing games, etc. It would be nice to actually have the good weather line up with summer vacation.
Its would be like Mich. having summer vaca in Jan, Feb, and March. Your kids are just locked inside with nothing to do. Sucks!

Sometimes I like a little heat myself but 110 is just like living in hell. I know AZers will yell at me for this post but they know it's too hot in the summer. They are just Satan's children. he he Kidding, no religious replies please.
On the other side of the spectrum, kids that live somewhere cold want to move to a warmer climate. A lot of the Arizona kids that supposedly want to move somewhere colder are probably just looking for an in-between climate. At least when it's hot you don't have to bundle up, shovel your driveway, and scrape ice off your car windows just to go somewhere. It's hard to know what a true winter is like until you've lived through them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top