U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,822 posts, read 33,219,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Anywhere in Texas is going to be humid
The posters in the El Paso forum would be glad to disagree with you. Far west Texas has a desert climate, like New Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 05:55 PM

1,592 posts, read 3,089,713 times
San Antonio, TX was hands down the dryest place I ever visited. I needed a water bottle at my side at all times. What a wonderful blessing that you can live anywhere in the USA!

Old 04-27-2009, 10:02 PM

101 posts, read 295,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool328 View Post
I am tired of the cold and snow and rain

I have a wife and 2 children (ages 4 and 7) 2 dogs and 2 cats
I work from a home office and have been told i can work anywhere in the USA
We currently live in a town of 5000 people - so it doesnt need to be a huge city and preferrably not one.

Wants:
Warm Weather year around - No Snow - little humidity(if possible) -
We love to be outdoors
Great Schools (preferrably smaller enrollments)
Great neighboorhood communities
Very Safe - low low crime.
Probably wanting to spend maximum 300k (if that much) on a house.

Any opinoins are appreciated.
I am just like you and tired of wet and cold.I am flying in next month to check out houses in the Temecula/Murrieta area.I have talked to a few people who live there and everybody has positive comments overall.You can get a nice home in a great neighborhood for under 300K.I`m moving by years end to give it a try.I moved here from San Diego years ago and other than meeting some new friends here and 4 nice summer months,the rest of it sucks.I`m just across the river from Portland oregon.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:07 AM

1 posts, read 781 times
We live in a wonderful small town outside of Boulder. Our family is Mom (works from home Full time, can live anywhere), Dad (works in high tech, needs a place he can be employed as a hardware designer). We have two girls, 11 and 9 and are all very active. We love where we live but it's dry and we are getting tired of the cold weather and major heat changes each season. we live in a town of 2,500 and love it although a little bigger would be ok. We like having land, trees, water and mtn biking, skiing, golfing, kayaking close to home. Education for our kids matters and we'd like to live in a State where there are strong, affordable colleges in the future. We earn good money and would like it to go farther so we can live nicely but save for retirement. We are tired of the dry weather and would love to be more coastal. Safety is important and access to a good airport matters because we travel.

Where would you put us???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or