U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:47 PM

2,057 posts, read 4,868,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Neither does N.O. A typical Monday night in the French Quarter in September probably mirrors a typical Saturday night in most city strips.
ummmm

i think that you are the only person in this thread that has mentioned NO

not one person has agreed with your claim that NO is the city that does not sleep

let it go
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 11:53 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,601,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
ummmm

not one person has agreed with your claim that NO is the city that does not sleep

let it go
Probably because none of them have even been there, and are just going off cliches about other "cities that never sleep".

Old 04-25-2009, 12:14 AM

15,453 posts, read 25,397,220 times
Quote:
ummmm

let it go
I definitely agreed with him in an earlier post. Vegas and NOLA are the only cities in the US where you can buy alcohol 24/7/365. It's so easy to get liquor anywhere there and for cheap any time of the day or night. I've stayed up past sunrise every night I've spent in either of those cities. In my experience, New Orleans is a city that can stay up late and party.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:15 AM

12,391 posts, read 24,555,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Probably because none of them have even been there, and are just going off cliches about other "cities that never sleep".
lol @ nobody ever going there... then u mention all the festivals and conventions that are there...that alone would mean MANY people have been there. I have been there about 5-6 times and NYC about 5-6 times and n.o. does not hold a candle to nyc.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:51 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,601,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
lol @ nobody ever going there... then u mention all the festivals and conventions that are there...that alone would mean MANY people have been there. I have been there about 5-6 times and NYC about 5-6 times and n.o. does not hold a candle to nyc.
Well it's obvious that many people travel to New Orleans. But I doubt many of the NYC lovers on this thread (excepting yourself of course) have ever even been to N.O. The only thing NYC has over N.O. is size. That's about it.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:41 PM

5,031 posts, read 11,305,646 times
I think most people would agree that NYC & Las Vegas are "cities that never sleep." Other cities have all-night restaurants\ clubs [ie. San Francisco\ LA\ Miami\ New Orleans\ Chicago, etc] that are more "mini never sleep" cities

Old 04-25-2009, 01:27 PM

58 posts, read 181,888 times
Quote:
ummmm

let it go
Why do you keep thinking this is a competition. The thread starter ask "What cities never sleep?" not "What is the number one super awesome city that doesn't sleep and all other cities suck?"

Old 04-25-2009, 03:01 PM

105 posts, read 120,313 times
When I was in Boston a couple of years ago visiting my uncle (I'm from Ireland) I went out on my own to some of the night clubs, and met a group of girls there and hung around with them, it was amazing teh clubs didn't close till 3, and the served drink right up until then. It's a bit of a change from Dublin, closing at 2, stop serving at 1.30

I thought I was gonna have awful trouble getting served in the states, as I was only 17, but this was not the case, I loved Boston and long to go back

Do the night clubs in NYC close at all? and do they serve 24/7?

I hear Seattle is the city that doesn't sleep!

Old 04-25-2009, 03:11 PM

4,836 posts, read 10,181,864 times
New York City of course.
Miami and Miami Beach. On the mainland you can find a lot of things open 24/7. Miami Beach all the bars and clubs stay open till 6am and all the drug stores many places to eat etc.. are 24/7.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:04 PM

85 posts, read 133,979 times
Las Vegas
New York

there un-stoppable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or