U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 01:42 AM

7,281 posts, read 13,521,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
Population--MSA, city-proper, CSA, and any other method is not a good determinant of anything. Metro population is not always better and neither is city proper. It means nothing. If anything it depends on the city. A city has got what it's got. There...is everyone happy now?
Happy as a clam.

This is the dumbest conversation I've ever been involved in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 01:48 AM

2,271 posts, read 4,528,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Happy as a clam.

This is the dumbest conversation I've ever been involved in.

It's OK. I always think of the small states vs. large states situation our Founding Fathers had to deal with every time this metro vs. city proper things comes up. Nobody's happy no matter how much you try to make it work. It's kind of funny. Don't get me started on dumb conversations I've had on here...girl...

Anywho, I think Philly seems like it would work.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
It's OK. I always think of the small states vs. large states situation our Founding Fathers had to deal with every time this metro vs. city proper things comes up. Nobody's happy no matter how much you try to make it work. It's kind of funny. Don't get me started on dumb conversations I've had on here...girl...
Funny, especially, because I'm not against using metro numbers. I just didn't know that's what the poster I mentioned was talking about, as no one said metro. Before you know it, I'm getting called wrong and an idiot. Ah well. Silly business.

Quote:
Anywho, I think Philly seems like it would work.
Yes, BACK TO THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE, I'd imagine the OP, as a Pennsylvanian, is probably familiar with Philly, but maybe not. I like Philly, and it could work, but it depends on what the OP is looking for.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:29 AM

7,848 posts, read 18,265,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
A) I wasn't trying to hijack anything.
B) I didn't make a mistake.

Now lets all carry on, eh?
More attitude...you were wrong, and you can't quite admit it. Very admirable.

And you DID highjack the thread...two strikes and no apology or humility.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
More attitude...you were wrong, and you can't quite admit it. Very admirable.

And you DID highjack the thread...two strikes and no apology or humility.
Okay. Look. I really am trying to let this go, but re-read the thread. What was I wrong about? Was I wrong for not knowing that folks were talking about metro area populations rather than city populations, when no indication was given that we were talking about metro?

I was confused on some numbers, asked for clarification, and got jumped on by people who... I guess have nothing better to do.

I want to move on, and have said as much. So, what do you say? Let's can it, huh?

What about the OP's post? Let's talk about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or