Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:55 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,334,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
brown gravy on fries????? eww eww ewww!!!!! LOL
What other colors of gravy are there? If you order a roast beef sandwich with gravy and fries you might get asked if you want gravy on your fries, but it's never been a popular thing to do in the past 50 or 60 years unless it was a short-lived fad somewhere. Kennywood (our amusement park) used to have a shaker bottle of vinegar beside the ketchup and mustard where they sold fries only.
---
Ketchup is Heinz' number one product. It's the most popular all over the world. They claim to use a secret ingredient that looks like juice in a small glass and flavors 7,000 gallons at a time. Pittsburgh is on the label but it's bottled by Del Monte in another city. Pittsburgh only makes the little packets.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:59 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,317,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
What other colors of gravy are there?
There's white sausage gravy, giblet gravy (which can be yellowish), tomato gravy (red), red eye gravy (sorta coffee colored, but different than brown gravy), egg gravy, etc....

Old 04-27-2009, 05:38 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,597,281 times
I dip my fries in cream gravy! Now THAT'S good eatin'!

Old 04-28-2009, 05:21 PM

723 posts, read 1,629,069 times
Mustard is always better than ketchup, anyway. I prefer Guilden's Spicy Brown, along with Best Foods light mayonnaise

http://www.jennyshop.com.cn/shop/syssite/home/shop/1/pictures/productsimg/small/11670.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-29-2009, 09:43 PM

3,068 posts, read 7,980,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgShred View Post
Mustard is always better than ketchup, anyway. I prefer Guilden's Spicy Brown, along with Best Foods light mayonnaise
Hey I'm with you on that one. But my poor wife doesn't seem to think so-she belongs to "The World Wide Mustard Haters Club". ????

Around here it's Heinz, Hunts, Delmonte and last but not least "Food Club"
We have Blue Plate Mayo, maybe they make a ketchup too.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:57 PM

6,749 posts, read 21,998,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
What other colors of gravy are there? If you order a roast beef sandwich with gravy and fries you might get asked if you want gravy on your fries, but it's never been a popular thing to do in the past 50 or 60 years unless it was a short-lived fad somewhere. Kennywood (our amusement park) used to have a shaker bottle of vinegar beside the ketchup and mustard where they sold fries only.
---
Ketchup is Heinz' number one product. It's the most popular all over the world. They claim to use a secret ingredient that looks like juice in a small glass and flavors 7,000 gallons at a time. Pittsburgh is on the label but it's bottled by Del Monte in another city. Pittsburgh only makes the little packets.
I prefer white gravy myself but even that I wouldn't put on fries

Old 04-29-2009, 10:58 PM

6,749 posts, read 21,998,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
giblet gravy (which can be yellowish)
Growing up me and my sister and brother called it gut gravy lol

Old 04-30-2009, 01:51 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,780,227 times
Heinz is one of those brands that I buy religiously. I will buy generic or store brands in many instances, but Heinz for Ketchup, Kraft for Mayo and Coca Cola are never to be substituted for store brands. Yellow mustard on the other hand, who cares, get the cheapest.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:54 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,714,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Yellow mustard on the other hand, who cares, get the cheapest.
Growing up in upstate NY my father would always get and later I came always also to get this yellow mustard with a faint horseradish tinge: Heintz & Weber Co, Inc. — Products

Then I moved to the Midwest and, seeking something similar, got this: Boetje's Mustard From Boetje Foods Inc. - Best of QC Mall Quad Cities Portal - WeAreQC.com which moves from a 2 to about a 12 on the horseradish scale. After one spoonful I decided I liked the mustard a lot better than the horseradish.

So now I'll have Weber's on the Nittany Lion Franks: Kessler's Line of Products - while really wishing for the Hofmann's Snappy Grillers Hofmann Sausage, Syracuse, NY German Franks

Old 04-30-2009, 03:33 PM

970 posts, read 2,938,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgShred View Post

Best Foods? Down here, that's called Hellmanns. Odd how the same product has two different names.

Other examples of this:

Edy's Ice Cream= Dreyer's
Dixie Crystals Sugar = Imperial sugar

Certain brands have different levels of impact & recognition in different areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.