U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The friendliest states, in your experience (vote up to five)
Texas 32 15.61%
Oklahoma 4 1.95%
Georgia 11 5.37%
Alabama 4 1.95%
Tennessee 12 5.85%
Mississippi 1 0.49%
Arkansas 2 0.98%
Louisiana 10 4.88%
Florida 3 1.46%
South Carolina 5 2.44%
North Carolina 16 7.80%
Virginia 4 1.95%
West Virginia 5 2.44%
Kentucky 5 2.44%
Kansas 5 2.44%
Indiana 5 2.44%
Minnesota 12 5.85%
Wisconsin 10 4.88%
Michigan 4 1.95%
New York 10 4.88%
Wyoming 3 1.46%
Utah 0 0%
Colorado 5 2.44%
Hawaii 8 3.90%
Others (list as many as you want) 29 14.15%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 09:23 PM

4,101 posts, read 4,739,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missourian11 View Post
I agree! Arkansas is kinda the same way but little more friendly than Alabama though.
Arkansas is odd. It's like every possible disposition exists there in even numbers. That state seems sharply regional in personality. Ya know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 05:37 PM

105 posts, read 427,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Arkansas is odd. It's like every possible disposition exists there in even numbers. That state seems sharply regional in personality. Ya know?
I agree with you about Arkansas! AR is strongly localized with regional in personality.

AR is evenly split between its urban centers in the Northwest and Little Rock Metro Area. Other than the Great Plains states, it's also very boring to drive through AR. LOL!

I see the potential in Little Rock; however, Northwest Arkansas is experiencing explosive growth in population and economic status.

Just saying.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:02 AM

908 posts, read 1,567,180 times
Nj, ny, pa, ma, ri, ct

Old 11-26-2013, 07:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,983 times
VA, WV, NC, Al, PA Now before I start, I know that there is a million ratios of factors in each state and area that would make one part of the state great, and other areas bad. To shorten this up, I will only talk about examples of certin areas within these states. When I talk about these places, I am mostly refering to the rural areas, since the people are always notably nicer there then In big cities. Raleigh has the most friendly people of any city that I have ever been to, true southern hospitality. The deeper that you get in the southern appalachian moutains is about the pinnacle of laid back ways of life (not racing around, but taking the time to talk to you). Some people are afraid of people in the back woods, thinking that they wont be accepted if they visit there, I dissagree completely. Franklin NC has real southern mountain people so nice you won't believe it. Western, central, and def southwestern VA has some of the most warm hearted, down to earth people that I have ever met. All the rural areas of WV(most of the entire state) is the same way. Now i'm sure someone will reply to this saying how poor and rowdy coal country in Southern part of the state is, but to me its the nicest part of the state in every way hands down, But I like rural people. Dothan AL area has some of the deepest true southern hospitality, people there living in trailers would give you there last shirt off there back, even knowing that your not even from south, but yet the canadian border. Of course you better like the south, as there trailers are wallpapered with rebel flags. Have to bring up that just south of Dothan is the Florida panhandel, refered to as Florabama. I lived here for 6 years, and has The nicest people that I have ever met out in the swamp towns, that may not have even ever been to the( rest ) of the state. PA is and old fasioned well balanced, rural state and has many people as nice as in Virgina. Best part of PA is north central and dutch counrty, but any little town will have real down to earth citizens. An honorable mention is Vermont, where I currently live. It used to be way up in the top 3, unfortunately its proximity to the ultimate hellhole of Mass, and everygrowing infestation of the human bugs that live there, real vermonters are being replaced. Anouther runner up is central NY state and the Adirondacks. NY is a really diverse place going off both ends of the scale. Its a nice place with nice people once you get north of Albany. I have lived up here for 10 years and love it. The people in the central part are just as nice and down to earth as the best in PA. On a last note, Quebec, and other eastern provinces just might have the nicest people in North America.

Last edited by paulmachal; 11-26-2013 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: spelling, additions

Old 11-26-2013, 08:15 PM

1,775 posts, read 2,513,956 times
Upstate New York, hands down. It's truly genuine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or