Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 06:58 PM

54 posts, read 86,590 times

Advertisements

Living here in the south, North Carolina, I notice everyone makes a HUGE deal when a White female that is above average to attractive looking dates or marries a minority.

Now is this an issue everyone in the US or is it just a southern thing?

Old 11-25-2013, 07:05 PM

603 posts, read 930,864 times
I live in Texas. I don't notice anyone caring here.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNorthman View Post
I live in Texas. I don't notice anyone caring here.
I notice Texas has a lot of Mexicans and Whites. I doubt the White women in Texas are dating Mexicans.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:19 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
it really doesn't matter, just live your life and be happy with whoever you are dating. it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone these days, its nothing so unusual even in the south. don't live your life base on what people may think or say. if you love this person and he makes you happy then that's all that should matter. you are always going to have people who do not agree with interracial dating or marriage no matter where you live, that's just a fact of life. so love who you want to love and be happy.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:23 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,083,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine The Great View Post
Living here in the south, North Carolina, I notice everyone makes a HUGE deal when a White female that is above average to attractive looking dates or marries a minority.

I would say that its a southern thing, but its become more of an OLD southern thing. Except in smaller, rural areas like where I grew up in East Texas/NW Louisiana.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:23 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,419,471 times
Quote:
I notice Texas has a lot of Mexicans and Whites. I doubt the White women in Texas are dating Mexicans.
Uh, I bet you there are tons of "whites" dating Mexicans in Texas.

You realize that most Mexicans are fairly "white", and Hispanics have been living in Texas for centuries, right? Why would there not be heavy intermarriage?

Old 11-25-2013, 07:24 PM

I mean I am saying this because there is this one guy I know (South Asian, probably hindu) who is dating this attractive brunette and everyone keeps talking about it.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiVegas View Post
Uh, I bet you there are tons of "whites" dating Mexicans in Texas.

You realize that most Mexicans are fairly "white", and Hispanics have been living in Texas for centuries, right? Why would there not be heavy intermarriage?
I don't deny it, except I think it is mainly White men with Mexican women and rarely if ever the other way around.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:32 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:

I couldn't tell you. 90 percent of the women to take up with "minorities" as you so delicately put it, are obese or white trash skanks. I'm sorry but that is the truth of it. I know two women who have "minority" husbands/boyfriends/baby daddies, who are attractive women, and I guess nobody seems to care. At least to their face. I'm sure they have a different opinion once their back is turned.

The general feeling here in Missouri is that it's unfortunate that these woman cannot find a person of their own race that wants them.

YOU ASKED.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-25-2013, 07:34 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
I don't deny it, except I think it is mainly White men with Mexican women and rarely if ever the other way around.
That is interesting. When I was younger (and lived in Texas) I dated a couple of Mexican guys. I never got any negative feedback from anybody.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.