U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:00 PM

198 posts, read 242,314 times

Advertisements

What in your opinion would be the best place to go to start a new life? If you where just 2 years out of college and had very litle debt and a lot of great work expericance where would you go? I'm looking for someplace with a lot of young people, safe, cheap and a lot of outdoor activity and nightlife. Can anyone suggest a place to start over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 10:42 PM

5,849 posts, read 15,940,607 times
Depends on where you're at now...if you're in the east, you might want to head west, or vice versa. I would go to Atlanta, or to Birmingham AL. NO...I think I would want to live close to the beach.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:00 PM

198 posts, read 242,314 times
Southlander, Currently I'm in Northern Virginia and I really don't like it at all. I would like to live close to the beach as well. I heard a lot of good things about Birmingham but I don't think that I would like Atlanta though just because I heard a lot of bad stuff about the traffic and cost of living and These are the main 2 reasons I want to leave the DC area

Old 04-04-2007, 11:18 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,123,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgjdennis View Post
Southlander, Currently I'm in Northern Virginia and I really don't like it at all. I would like to live close to the beach as well. I heard a lot of good things about Birmingham but I don't think that I would like Atlanta though just because I heard a lot of bad stuff about the traffic and cost of living and These are the main 2 reasons I want to leave the DC area
Why not move to Virginia Beach?

Old 04-04-2007, 11:34 PM

911 posts, read 3,249,474 times
Quote:
What in your opinion would be the best place to go to start a new life? If you where just 2 years out of college and had very litle debt and a lot of great work expericance where would you go? I'm looking for someplace with a lot of young people, safe, cheap and a lot of outdoor activity and nightlife. Can anyone suggest a place to start over?
Gee sorry,
Not to be depressing but it gets Really Tough/Improbable, to find Safe AND cheap...
I am also looking for Safe above all.
2 years out of college, you don;t need to start over, just starting.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:29 AM

90 posts, read 435,243 times
Not to far away from a beach, but how does Austin, TX sound?

Old 04-05-2007, 11:58 AM

2,967 posts, read 1,762,227 times
Quote:
Seattle Wa. great city, and has everything you are looking for. . tons of outdoor opportunities. . .also lots of places in Colorado, and if you want the east cost. .Asheville NC, or Burlington Vermont, or North Conway New Hampshire. . I don't know about the "cheap" qualifier but if you are young you gotta start some place. . .

Old 04-05-2007, 04:49 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,263,949 times
Time was, it was Go To California! I did, it worked out fine.

My sincere advice to any young person reading this now: don't. It's not a good place for young people anymore.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:11 PM

653 posts, read 3,132,844 times
I would suggest Albuquerque New Mexico, Possibly Henderson Nevada.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:23 PM

155 posts, read 753,452 times
Scottsdale Arizona - there is so much going on for the younger set - to reinvent the wheel here - the retirees have migrated to the gold courses and leaving so many openiing for the youth to take over - great areas t0 live - housing can be expensive - in the outskirts, Gilbert, Mesa - 300,000 buys you a very nice 3-4 bdrm possibly with a pool - in Scottsdale 300-400000 will buy you the same - but remember food and gas is all higher in Scottsdale - so gas up outside...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or