Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which National Park would you seek refuge from law enforcement?
Yosemite 9 10.84%
Canyonlands 3 3.61%
Great Smokey Mountains 28 33.73%
Everglades 11 13.25%
Yellowstone 7 8.43%
Grand Canyon 3 3.61%
Glacier 3 3.61%
Big Bend 1 1.20%
Death Valley 6 7.23%
Denali 12 14.46%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:25 PM

58 posts, read 199,659 times

Advertisements

I don't care if you don't care. Because this is a silly, superficial thread that is not worth respecting "rules" created in your precious thread. Sorry guys, I should have followed christina's advice.

Haha dune...you take silly topics seriously. You're funny and whimsical. I think you need a better day job. See ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 01:29 AM

70 posts, read 241,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reztrop View Post
I don't care if you don't care. Because this is a silly, superficial thread that is not worth respecting "rules" created in your precious thread. Sorry guys, I should have followed christina's advice.

Haha dune...you take silly topics seriously. You're funny and whimsical. I think you need a better day job. See ya.
Why is it a superficial thread? I don't see what is superficial about it. It is just light and fun and you are just taking my seriousness too seriously. Why not respect the thread for what it is anyway? Go along with the flow. No one else was suggesting different places. That wasn't the point of the thread.

As for my day job, I am very pleased with it and I find the work I do very rewarding, but you wouldn't know about it because you don't know me. I fail to see the need for a personal attack on my career, when really it helps people. But thanks for your advice and compliments anyway.
-Paul

Old 04-12-2007, 07:43 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,925,504 times
Geez!!! People will fight about ANYTHING!!!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:22 AM

11,367 posts, read 24,331,439 times
I tried to give Dune Dog another rep point with a nice note but I can't till I spread around more rep. His was a fun and insightful exercise.

One of the problems with this site is not with the people who like to spread a bit of whimsy to the rest of us who are probably goofing off, but it is with those cranky good-for-nothings who seem to be driven to hurt others and incite anger.

I hope it doesn't run you off DuneDog.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:30 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,311,552 times
this is a fun thread that makes you think, perfect for geography nerds like myself.

I have to say, I am sorta leaning toward canyonlands myself now as it seems to be the last place people would look or think of, that would still be reasonably temperate! I mean, Denali, Glacier, Yellowstone, Everglades are just out of the question for me -- too inhospitable and too many animals that can kill me!

However, I feel my chances of survival in the remote part of grand canyon are the best....and maybe I could hitch a ride with some rafters back to las vegas on occasion to go gamble my spare change, or get a cheap meal! But that would probably be the end of me, and I'd end up in jail. But just maybe I would win enough money to make a run for Mexico.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:36 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,137,757 times
Bub- a great word. A word I haven't heard in a long while, but one I will reincorporate into my vocab. Tried to give you rep for that, but must spread the love, bub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuneDog View Post
I don't care. You don't get it. I am not saying that it is worse than the places I picked. I never claimed those 10 parks were the absolute best choices. Fact of the matter is, I didn't include your precious Green Mountains of Vermont in MY thread. So, yeah...you can't hide there. Not an option. Not in this thread. Sorry bub.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:41 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,137,757 times
Hey, bub, go to the intellectual thread if this is beneath you. geeeshhh, we're having fun here. party pooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reztrop View Post

Old 04-13-2007, 09:13 PM

37,743 posts, read 40,800,947 times
Wouldn't it depend on what kind of weather wuss the fugitive is? Seriously, can you picture some gang banger murderer who has never lived outside of say, NYC, picking any forested, mountainous or desert scenario for his hideout? Can you picture some Everglades sex offender hiding out in Glacier National Park?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 PM

70 posts, read 241,955 times
Is it time to bring this thread back yet?

Oh I think I just did.

;-)

-TheDuneDog

Old 09-10-2012, 10:04 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,792,504 times
Olympic National Park. Many many square miles in which to get lost. If someone gets too close to you do something to fool them into thinking you're Bigfoot and send them off in fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.