Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:31 AM

322 posts, read 1,234,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator_ View Post
I was looking those pages and the prizes are extremely high.
The only and (big) problem is how to pay.I mean, the money.XD
I thought that one course would cost over 10000 $ or 12000 $.Here in europe are more cheap than L.A
But the pages said that you can earn some money if you work in the campus.
If i suppose that i will earn something there by myself in the campus, i would need another "aid" for pay.
The elements that are under study now:
*Goverment aids for 3 years in the army
*University aids for international students
*Kind of "job" in weekend or something like that
*Find a job of telecom engineering there, and study simultaneously the actor career.

But ill think more possibilities.
I have to study the situation very carefully.

I think you need to be a US Citizen before you can join the army (have to be a conditional resident for at least 2 years fist before you can even apply for Citizenship). What kind of Visa do you have for the entering the US? Is it just a student visa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 01:58 PM

44 posts, read 42,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I would strongly recommend that you check out RADA. Here is their website:

http://www.rada.org/

RADA is among the finest schools for performance arts in the world, and that includes those here in the USA. It prepares you for acting on the stage, the best way to learn performance and its graduates are top rate in both stage and screen.

It may also be more available and perhaps more affordable. I also believe they have scholarships, and as Spain is an EU member, Spanish residents, would have an easier time to qualify than attempting the leaps to get a student visa in the States.
Im really seduced by the idea of join this school.
But where is the prize?I cant see it anywhere...

To cold_eh_ND

I have the student visa.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:00 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,116,943 times
I believe "the prize" as you call it may only be available on an application!

Whatever you decide, enjoy and as they say, "break a leg" (for success) in theatre parlance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator_ View Post
Im really seduced by the idea of join this school.
But where is the prize?I cant see it anywhere...

To cold_eh_ND

I have the student visa.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:26 PM

Understood.
Ill visit london and take a look.After all, its nearer than L.A for me, and the options today seem better.
Thanks for all.

Last edited by Annihilator_; 04-11-2007 at 05:00 PM..

Old 04-11-2007, 04:28 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,267,353 times
I don't think you need to be a citizen to enlist in the US military. If you have previous experience in special forces that may be a plus, though I doubt any bases are near acting schools.

LA would be closer in climate to what you may be use to. There are quite a bit more movies being filmed in NYC the last few years. Seems like one is in the hopper nearly all the time. Look at this site www.nyc.gov/film There are schools in Manhattan (NYC) that give acting classes for short periods of time, maybe a month to several months, without college credit.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:59 PM

There are a lot of posibilities.
Like i said before, i have no problems with climate,people,studies or others factors...
The only problem is that i cant pay "millionaire" schools.Like 40000 $ per year...
My family and i live very well here, but you know...one thing is live ok and have two cars,a flat and a house in the outskirts...and another thing is have the enough money to study in "elite" schools.
Thirstly, in this world have talent is not the 100% you need.You also need money.
So, what im looking for is good academy where i could have opportunity of learn and study without waste thousands and thousands of dollars in only ONE year...
Im looking now for RADA.But after i finished my studies, ill pretend to travel to california or something and go castings... you know, TRY.
If the thing goes wrong, ill return to my old job, in the telecommunications area.
But, in my country it is said that God protect the crazy men.
Hope so! XD

Last edited by Annihilator_; 04-11-2007 at 05:14 PM..

Old 04-11-2007, 05:11 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,116,943 times
Yes, if the States is where you'd like to come you can check the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, the Studio, and others (NYC). All short-term but not inexpensive. the American Academy was once focused exclusively on technical skills; the Studio is known primarily for its special "method" technique.

I'd vote for RADA--it is still #1 in my book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I don't think you need to be a citizen to enlist in the US military. If you have previous experience in special forces that may be a plus, though I doubt any bases are near acting schools.

LA would be closer in climate to what you may be use to. There are quite a bit more movies being filmed in NYC the last few years. Seems like one is in the hopper nearly all the time. Look at this site www.nyc.gov/film There are schools in Manhattan (NYC) that give acting classes for short periods of time, maybe a month to several months, without college credit.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:23 PM

Maybe i should send a mail to the president of Microsoft asking for a pair of thousands $ and a xbox 360.
ROFL

Nah, just try.Ill take a look the RADA academy one of these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.