Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:47 PM

65 posts, read 159,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromthemidwest View Post
I am from NY/NJ and live in the midwest and absolutely hate it hear I understand! Here is my recent post:
[SIZE=3]I hate the Midwest. The lack of culture, closed minded people, rednecks, white trash, conservative, uneducated, brain drained toothless hillbillies, where everyone knows everyone and has no life. Prejudices, discrimination, crazy delusional people who think there is 1 supreme race are you serious? The hay, farms, gray skies, rainy days almost every day, flat lands, miles of corn fields, pickup trucks, Wal-Mart’s, Kroger’s, OMG someone save me. Nothing to do any day of the week. Nowhere to go on weekends everything is a disappointment. I am so sick and tired of being sick in this place that I do not belong the Midwest is for the plain, conservative, close minded cults. Someone save me.[/SIZE]
I can agree w/most of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 11:18 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,722,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopblock View Post
Then seriously, you've got to get out more. That description does not describe all, or not even most, parts of the Midwest.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:11 PM

389 posts, read 902,280 times
I left St. Louis for Atlanta and Tucson. Very happy to be back in the lou. I guess I'm in the minority that's happy to have left the south and southwest.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:46 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,000,204 times
I'd be happy in St. Louis if I moved from Tucson

Old 10-16-2009, 02:05 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,082,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopblock View Post
As someone who was born and raised in the Chicago area (which is part of the midwest), and grew up attending schools in which the majority of people were not Caucasian, was riding the subway at age 13, etc ... all I can kindly say to people like you is "walk east until your hat floats". Good day sir.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:25 AM

2,507 posts, read 8,559,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I'd be happy in St. Louis if I moved from Tucson
I'd be happy in East St. Louis if I moved from Tucson.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:40 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,134,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Why not? This kind of post is never appropriate in a forum like this. Long live free speech!
I Agree with the DONT POST HERE AGAIN comment. THe poster is a troll, signed up for a few posts and disappeared...you saw this one post, I however saw the other 8 crappy posts in the Cincinnati thread...he is a miserabe --- and needs to lock himself in a padded room...hows that for free speech?

Old 12-21-2009, 03:24 PM

56 posts, read 197,391 times
I moved from St. Louis to Denver in 2006 and it was the best decision of my entire life. If I could take a pill to forget the 5 long arduous years I lived in St. Louis I would take it in an instant. I think I seriously have PTSD from living in St. Louis. I still have nightmares of those fat white dudes in non-matching navy blue suits eating Arby's french fries everyday while talking about the crappy Cardinals and their commute on highway "farty far". Yes, I'm WHITE.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:31 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,035,276 times
I spent 2 years in Iowa, while it had it's charms, the hot, humid summers and cold snowy winters did not appeal to me.

I wouldn't mind visiting the Amana colonies some spring or fall again, but, for the most part, I'm glad to be done with the Midwest.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:36 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,383,318 times
I moved from the Chicagoland area to the american SW. Visited the SW as a tourist first. Went to Vegas, Phoenix and New Mexico and fell in love with it. Now been here some 15 years and love it.
First moved to El Paso then Las Vegas. Sunny, dry climate, mountains, outdoor activities are to be enjoyed almost always.....

Anything I miss? THe big city feel of Chicago, its summers when its very lively even though humid and its people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.