U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 04:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromthemidwest View Post
I am from NY/NJ and live in the midwest and absolutely hate it hear I understand! Here is my recent post:
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I hate the Midwest. The lack of culture, closed minded people, rednecks, white trash, conservative, uneducated, brain drained toothless hillbillies, where everyone knows everyone and has no life. Prejudices, discrimination, crazy delusional people who think there is 1 supreme race are you serious? The hay, farms, gray skies, rainy days almost every day, flat lands, miles of corn fields, pickup trucks, Wal-Martís, Krogerís, OMG someone save me. Nothing to do any day of the week. Nowhere to go on weekends everything is a disappointment. I am so sick and tired of being sick in this place that I do not belong the Midwest is for the plain, conservative, close minded cults. Someone save me.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Oh my GOD. I love this post. This is absolute truth about where I live i.e INDIANA. I have lived here for almost 10 years and I feel SUFFOCATED here. I am a physician who did all my undergrad, grad and Medical School here in Mid-west but these people including the physicians still discriminate against me and make fun of my background. One has to be OUT of their mind to want to live here. It is THE most boring place in this world: Completely flat with HORRIBLE winters. There is literally nothing to do here. To be honest, Chicago and metropolitan-Detroit area are much better in terms of diversity and things to do but the same in terms of the weather! Also, Nashville area has much better weather. I'd recommend avoiding Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky (has nice mountains though), some parts of Illinois and Missouri for legal educated immigrants who have other options. Having said that, i think Indiana might be the worst place in this list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 08:27 PM

1,775 posts, read 2,510,935 times
I loved living in Minneapolis-St. Paul, and would return there in a heartbeat. Though, I'm not sure if I'd live elsewhere in Minnesota.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:53 PM

80 posts, read 152,709 times
I have never lived in the Midwest before. I have visited all over the Midwest and I love the region!

For fact, I will be moving to Madison, WI so I am looking forward to it very much.

I am confused. I saw a post in this thread calling Midwesterners a bunch of uneducated, toothless rednecks with no class or culture. You must be confusing the Midwest with the South because there is a higher prevalence of people like that in the South. LOL

Old 01-19-2014, 10:21 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,047,389 times
FWIW, I've met legions of transplanted Midwesterners in CA/AZ/NV and, to a lesser extent, FL who wouldn't dream of returning. The ones from KS/MO especially seem like the happiest to be out.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:52 PM

11,172 posts, read 22,366,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_Does_Happen View Post
Oh my GOD. I love this post. This is absolute truth about where I live i.e INDIANA. I have lived here for almost 10 years and I feel SUFFOCATED here. I am a physician who did all my undergrad, grad and Medical School here in Mid-west but these people including the physicians still discriminate against me and make fun of my background. One has to be OUT of their mind to want to live here. It is THE most boring place in this world: Completely flat with HORRIBLE winters. There is literally nothing to do here. To be honest, Chicago and metropolitan-Detroit area are much better in terms of diversity and things to do but the same in terms of the weather! Also, Nashville area has much better weather. I'd recommend avoiding Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky (has nice mountains though), some parts of Illinois and Missouri for legal educated immigrants who have other options. Having said that, i think Indiana might be the worst place in this list.
Then what in gods name are you doing there? The only thing more sad than someone hating a place so desperately is that they THEN GO LIVE THERE.

I mean I would be totally miserable in Indiana, so I don't live in Indiana. I don't bash the people there, they obviously chose where they want to live and more power to them.

People go on how much they hate Chicago and Illinois and this and that and this and that. Well that's fine. None of them live here so they're in luck. I don't know why people spend so much time bashing other places hundreds or thousands of miles away. It just makes them look so petty and sad.

I don't like plenty of places, but I don't get anything out of making sure everyone knows I don't like those places or think it would suck to live there. People must otherwise think differently because people live in all those places. I'm happy for them. Why hate?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:21 PM

1,197 posts, read 1,602,410 times
Other than Old Man Winter doing his best to leak his nastiness through my bedroom window, I'm quite content with Columbus after moving here from Los Angeles. I'm considering going to Grad School here, but we'll see where I actually go with that. The winter is terrible, but that's what my trusty PS4 is for and college keeps me busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or