Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:44 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,478 times

Advertisements

I like the Midwest. Most places in that region are more openminded than those in the Northeast and the people are friendlier. Would take the midwest over the Northeast anyday

I would not mind living there at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 08:19 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,908,519 times
Default So now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromthemidwest View Post
I am from NY/NJ and live in the midwest and absolutely hate it hear I understand! Here is my recent post:
[SIZE=3]I hate the Midwest. The lack of culture, closed minded people, rednecks, white trash, conservative, uneducated, brain drained toothless hillbillies, where everyone knows everyone and has no life. Prejudices, discrimination, crazy delusional people who think there is 1 supreme race are you serious? The hay, farms, gray skies, rainy days almost every day, flat lands, miles of corn fields, pickup trucks, Wal-Mart’s, Kroger’s, OMG someone save me. Nothing to do any day of the week. Nowhere to go on weekends everything is a disappointment. I am so sick and tired of being sick in this place that I do not belong the Midwest is for the plain, conservative, close minded cults. Someone save me.[/SIZE]
..you want someone to save you?

I don't think that there will be many volunteers; I think that you'll have to save yourself.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:43 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,573,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromthemidwest View Post
I am from NY/NJ and live in the midwest and absolutely hate it hear I understand! Here is my recent post:
[SIZE=3]I hate the Midwest. The lack of culture, closed minded people, rednecks, white trash, conservative, uneducated, brain drained toothless hillbillies, where everyone knows everyone and has no life. Prejudices, discrimination, crazy delusional people who think there is 1 supreme race are you serious? The hay, farms, gray skies, rainy days almost every day, flat lands, miles of corn fields, pickup trucks, Wal-Mart’s, Kroger’s, OMG someone save me. Nothing to do any day of the week. Nowhere to go on weekends everything is a disappointment. I am so sick and tired of being sick in this place that I do not belong the Midwest is for the plain, conservative, close minded cults. Someone save me.[/SIZE]
Yikes! Where in the Midwest do you live?

Old 10-14-2009, 08:44 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,573,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Don't post here again.
Why not? This kind of post is never appropriate in a forum like this. Long live free speech!

Old 10-14-2009, 09:18 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Yikes! Where in the Midwest do you live?
Not to be mean, but if you look at that poster - he signed up and had 9 posts in a matter of an hour that were all freaking out about being tortured by living in Ohio. It was like a housewife who just found out her husband had been cheating and went on a rage breaking all the china and running around in front of the neighbors screaming.

I don't understand why we live in a country of 300 million people, and instead of moving where we want and making a change, people sit and whine about what they don't like and trying to convince everyone around them that they should all be feeling the same way..............just because.

If you don't like it move on with your life. Otherwise, don't expect everyone and their mother to just blindly follow you. 66 million people live in the Midwest and are doing just fine. Sorry you don't like it - but don't expect everyone to start spending their personal time caring.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:30 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,579,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Not to be mean, but if you look at that poster - he signed up and had 9 posts in a matter of an hour that were all freaking out about being tortured by living in Ohio. It was like a housewife who just found out her husband had been cheating and went on a rage breaking all the china and running around in front of the neighbors screaming.

I don't understand why we live in a country of 300 million people, and instead of moving where we want and making a change, people sit and whine about what they don't like and trying to convince everyone around them that they should all be feeling the same way..............just because.

If you don't like it move on with your life. Otherwise, don't expect everyone and their mother to just blindly follow you. 66 million people live in the Midwest and are doing just fine. Sorry you don't like it - but don't expect everyone to start spending their personal time caring.
That does get very annoying after awhile. From most people I have communicated to it is either that they are too young to chose to move or are having money problems, so decide to sit there and complain why life isn't the way they want it to be. But whatever, not my problem.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:03 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times
I left Ohio years ago because of the climate and now live in the south. I wouldnt move back to the midwest for anything after getting used to living somewhere warmer. As for Ohio itself, it definitely has its charms.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:25 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidbicyclist View Post
But wasn't Lake St. Louis on the top 100 places to live? haha, I know what you mean.. My city was on that list as well and I don't understand why. I am ready to move on.
Lake Saint Louis is what makes living in Missouri tolerable. It deserves its rating. Two nice lakes, a friendly, well maintained community, lots of outdoor and community activities. It could use a "downtown" area, and some restaurants that are not the usual franchise eateries.

The only bad part is when leave this little enclave of normal, to travel on the worse stretch of I-70 in the country to get anywhere, and realize that you are still in Missouri.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:31 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,600,730 times
I left the Midwest and went to Florida. I was extremely happy at first.

However, during the last couple days of my weeklong vacation I realized that I live in a pretty awesome place, and went home.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:42 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
I left the Midwest and went to Florida. I was extremely happy at first.

However, during the last couple days of my weeklong vacation I realized that I live in a pretty awesome place, and went home.
LOL! Great post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.