U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Sanford, FL
598 posts, read 1,522,461 times
Reputation: 295

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post
I'm sure Turkey is first world.

Keep fooling yourself with bs "data". Why don't you get on a plane to Istanbul and see how "first world" it is. Idiot.

Oh, and I'm sure nations like Kuwait, Qatar, and UAE and Brunei Darussalam are "third world" while Cuba is second world!
Dude, seriously...you have no room to talk. You think we're number one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:17 PM
 
254 posts, read 428,740 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post
Man, stop drinking the Kool-Aid...seriously. We don't accept anything less than superb?

Do you know what "No child left behind" has done to our educational system? The public school system for the most part has been abandoned to those unable to afford private schools. Our "all military all the time" federal budget has forced teachers to purchase supplies for classrooms because there is no funding. We have fundamentally illiterate kids being passed through grade school. Over 60% of US high schools have no access to the internet/computers.

The majority of European public schools require at least three years of each of the following academic subjects: native language and literature, mathematics, two foreign languages, history, geography, physics, chemistry, and biology. Subjects such as logic and psychology, art, music, physical education, and vocational training are also mandatory for graduation,

We're superb?
Fact of the matter is that Europe has a quality of life inferior to ours. Go to any expat forum and you'll see the Europeans admitting that themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:19 PM
 
254 posts, read 428,740 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post
Dude, seriously...you have no room to talk. You think we're number one.
Who's number one if it's not America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:21 PM
 
254 posts, read 428,740 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post
Wow, so in your parallel universe, the bigger the house...the better the quality of life? No wonder other countries laugh at us.
I'm saying Europeans living in tiny extremely over priced houses, with bad food and high taxes have a lower quality of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Sanford, FL
598 posts, read 1,522,461 times
Reputation: 295
Yeah, that would be from those who jumped ship and immigrated here for whatever reason, obviously disenchanted with their lives there. The same exists here as people move from state to state. Check out the expat forums of former US citizens who moved to other countries. Same story. It's all perspective and yours (and most Americans) is one dimensional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Chicago metro
3,509 posts, read 7,319,969 times
Reputation: 2023
American big cities on average have a much higher murder rate and crime rate than Europe. I do agree America gas prices are laughable compare to UK $13 per gallon gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Sanford, FL
598 posts, read 1,522,461 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post
I'm saying Europeans living in tiny extremely over priced houses, with bad food and high taxes have a lower quality of life.
Bad food? Are you serious? This from the country with the worst quality of food in the industrialized world. You should probably stop typing now, or better yet keep going...the ignorance is hysterical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:25 PM
 
254 posts, read 428,740 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post
Yeah, that would be from those who jumped ship and immigrated here for whatever reason, obviously disenchanted with their lives there. The same exists here as people move from state to state. Check out the expat forums of former US citizens who moved to other countries. Same story. It's all perspective and yours (and most Americans) is one dimensional.
Why don't you move to Europe and stay there if you think America is so inferior. Also, I'm waiting for your answer regarding who is number 1 if not America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:27 PM
 
254 posts, read 428,740 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post
Bad food? Are you serious? This from the country with the worst quality of food in the industrialized world. You should probably stop typing now, or better yet keep going...the ignorance is hysterical.
Not just bad food, horrendously bad food. I'd rather starve in Africa than eat what they eat in the UK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Sanford, FL
598 posts, read 1,522,461 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post
Why don't you move to Europe and stay there if you think America is so inferior. Also, I'm waiting for your answer regarding who is number 1 if not America.
Ummm, my previous post mentioned 12 with higher quality of life scores than us. I'd say a toss up between Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Ireland.

I don't feel the need to be number one, that's what most mouth-breathing Americans feel the need to be for whatever reason. I'm fine with "Yay..we're number 13".

Apparently you have an inferiority complex and need to use skewed logic and "fact" to make your point. It's not working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top