U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:46 AM

110 posts, read 320,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verseau View Post
Jamestown, Rhode Island.
When you said saltier and flatter I thought of my home state. I realized, though, when I invited my friend from Houston to visit that her perception of RI was that it was all terribly flat. Most people don't realize that the northwestern parts is quite hillly.

(Think of driving up the "Caynon" on I-295, the hill in Johnston going up Route 6 as a marking point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 11:41 AM

5,256 posts, read 11,974,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Correcto!

Next!!

Hint: It obviously isn't Kaintuckee because we don't plant in trees or flowers in our medians. That's a Crape Myrtle tree on the left
Looks like Florida, from when i've visited, that's what it looked like on major roads.

how about...

Old 08-17-2009, 09:56 PM

203 posts, read 620,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Right you are...

...and I believe your's is the Na Pali Coast on Kauai, my guess is the beach is the end of the Kalalau Trail...Kalalau Beach. Haven't been there but will have a few hours there in January and we are debating weather to see that coast from up above at Kokee or hike a portion of the trail and see it up close.
Right you are. Did you become Friends of Crazy Horse to get the tour of the platform?

How about this one? I went to college here.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:16 PM

3,970 posts, read 11,844,378 times
This looks so very much like Eugene or Corvallis, OR. Am I in the right state?

Old 08-18-2009, 07:30 AM

21,368 posts, read 21,936,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septocaine_queen View Post
Right you are. Did you become Friends of Crazy Horse to get the tour of the platform?
They open the monument one weeked each year to the public, well worth the effort if you are in the area.

Crazy Horse Volksmarch (http://www.crazyhorsememorial.org/events/volksmarch.html - broken link)

Old 08-18-2009, 04:57 PM

203 posts, read 620,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
This looks so very much like Eugene or Corvallis, OR. Am I in the right state?
Sorry wrong state. right coast though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.