U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 03:11 PM

16 posts, read 28,356 times

Advertisements

im 17 and dont go to school, but i am smart

i feel like modern society creates problems that dont need to be, the only thing that matters is being healthy and eating your next meal to stay alive

people complain about stupid stuff that doesent even matter

Now i could play it safe get a degree and some fake job or i can enjoy my life to the fullest and see things.

My question is do you have any advice on what place is the best for me to live.

Thanks

so is florida good i heard alot of people with no degree

Anyways im a real person who doesent worry about little things and dont care about money to much, people and places are what matters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 03:18 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,998,332 times
Florida isn't that hard of a place to get by. If you like simple pleasures FL is a good place to be.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:19 PM

4,570 posts, read 6,553,561 times
You can have a degree and enjoy life to the fullest extent.

It's kind of hard to say, because more and more people are wanting to hire people with a degree. Are you sure you don't want to reconsider??

Old 06-10-2009, 03:21 PM

3,047 posts, read 8,144,889 times
You're right about a lot of things, but trust me, you must conform if you want to make it in this society. That is, unless, you want to be on the fringe of society for life. You could always move to another country and rent jet skis on a beach. Money isn't everything, right?

I was similar to you but eventually I realized that higher education is the way to go. I recommend getting your G.E.D. and looking into universities. It's not fun working full time and going to school full time. You are so young that you can change things now. Do it!

Old 06-10-2009, 03:31 PM

15,989 posts, read 30,712,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevbomac05 View Post

i feel like modern society creates problems that dont need to be, the only thing that matters is being healthy and eating your next meal to stay alive

people complain about stupid stuff that doesent even matter

Now i could play it safe get a degree and some fake job or i can enjoy my life to the fullest and see things.

My question is do you have any advice on what place is the best for me to live.

Thanks

so is florida good i heard alot of people with no degree

Anyways im a real person who doesent worry about little things and dont care about money to much, people and places are what matters
No offence, but your not that smart if you decided to dropout and having no type of diploma to show how smart you are won't get you far.. You could make it in any southern state, but I'm not sure what you plan to accomplish without some type of higher education.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:32 PM

32,394 posts, read 55,240,452 times
Quote:
Actually being smart is easy. Its applying your smarts that's difficult.

Decide what your talents and interests are and work towards a career that will allow to work in those fields. If that involves school, then don't let your dislike of school stop you-please.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:59 PM

1,293 posts, read 4,336,452 times
An education is one way to show that you are smart. Having money goes beyond lifes simple pleasures, it can help pay for your medical bills. Something a decent job will help you with. At some point everyone needs medical attention. Also do you want to get married at some point, or have a family? Those come easier with money.

But if thats not what your after, please don't become a statistic. I would recommend applying in the areas you want to live in first, that way when you move there you have sustained money to feed yourself and pay rent.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:03 PM

8,031 posts, read 7,644,906 times
Quote:
If you're as smart as you think you are, you'd just finish school. Or at least get a GED. Otherwise, believe me you'll have problems later and will just make life harder for yourself.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:14 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,259,536 times
I agree with At1withnature. Even though you don't agree with it, you just have to conform with society. You don't want to end up on the streets or making minimum wage when you're 50 years old and looking to retire. You don't want to be working the rest of your life. Especially if you need to support a family. Maybe you can make an okay living making min. wage in certain areas of the country, but you still won't have much at all leftover to do anything else.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:19 PM

22,204 posts, read 23,725,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Actually being smart is easy. Its applying your smarts that's difficult.

Decide what your talents and interests are and work towards a career that will allow to work in those fields. If that involves school, then don't let your dislike of school stop you-please.
^That's a really good post. Effort and goals really make all the difference. If you work hard and want to work towards something where a degree will be of absolutely no help, then by all means go with that, but it's likely that having at least a HS diploma or a GED will help you in most matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or