U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 05:34 PM

44 posts, read 69,558 times

Advertisements

Europe isnīt much better, our elites support every american war and its neo- imperalism, because our companies and so our economy take profit ... Germany is the first or second export nation. Our economy is in need of your war games. We must sell our weapons (third weapon producer after the USA and Russia), our cars, our machines, our steal, our electric apparates and and and
Jews:

I donīt have anything against jews and wouldnīt have any problem to live with a jew - religious or not - in the same house or as a friend, but zionism is a dangerous ideology and itīs a fact that zionists play an important role in policy, economy (There are countless buisinessmen, banker and manager, who support Israel and the american war machine) and unfortunately in the big media corporations. You can make researches ...

By the way in Russia itīs the same. Most of this famous "oligarchs" - among them some in jail - are zionist supporters

ok back to topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 06:08 PM

4,800 posts, read 10,571,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I have to say I'd heard about this confusion regarding Austria and Australia but thought it must have been an old wives tale until I was having the conversation.
Americans confusion regarding Australia and Austria is a documented fact, as caught on tape in this rather embarrassing incident.

YouTube - dumb and dumber part 1/11

Old 06-16-2009, 06:14 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,213,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Americans confusion regarding Australia and Austria is a documented fact, as caught on tape in this rather embarrassing incident.

YouTube - dumb and dumber part 1/11
Best movie ever

Old 06-16-2009, 06:34 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,468,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
You do realize that some Aussies are "embarrassed" by the "put another "shrimp" on the barbie" slogan right? We call them prawns here and Paul Hogan (who coined the phrase in an advertising campaign back in the day) used shrimp instead of prawn because it was felt that Americans wouldn't know what a prawn was. Given the representations of Australians that Americans have been offered over the years I think I prefer it when an American thinks I'm from Austria. Sure beats them thinking I wrestle crocodiles on the weekend or that I have a pet kangaroo in the back yard. It's all in good fun though. We have plenty of geographically challenged people here and I figure that Lloyd Christmas as a character is as much a "typical American" as I am a typical Crocodile Dundee/Kath & Kim Australian!

Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,953,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanCiticen View Post
Europe isnīt much better, our elites support every american war and its neo- imperalism, because our companies and so our economy take profit ... Germany is the first or second export nation. Our economy is in need of your war games. We must sell our weapons (third weapon producer after the USA and Russia), our cars, our machines, our steal, our electric apparates and and and
Jews:

I donīt have anything against jews and wouldnīt have any problem to live with a jew - religious or not - in the same house or as a friend, but zionism is a dangerous ideology and itīs a fact that zionists play an important role in policy, economy (There are countless buisinessmen, banker and manager, who support Israel and the american war machine) and unfortunately in the big media corporations. You can make researches ...

By the way in Russia itīs the same. Most of this famous "oligarchs" - among them some in jail - are zionist supporters

ok back to topic
Nice to see how much Germany has progressed

I'm not the biggest fan of Israel or AIPAC, but many many of our wars or Russia's having nothing to do with them. I doubt Zionists much cared about Noriega either way or Kosovo or on the Russian side Chechnya. Afghanistan wasn't even really a threat to Israel.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:41 PM

26,589 posts, read 52,247,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanCiticen View Post
Jews:

ok back to topic
I know the German Defense industry is closely tied to the US in many ways... In High School the father of a friend was always going to Europe on business and he worked for a Defense Contractor...

I personally wouldn't mind of people stopped calling the United States the "Greatest Country" all it does is raise expectations...

America was in the news on one of my trips to Germany... people were protesting American closing some US military installation in Germany stating America was crippling the German Economy

It really is a case of wanting to have it both ways...

Part of the problem on both sides is that so much of the information is filtered or biased...

California has had lead free gasoline and Catalytic Converters since 1973 and it was pointed out to me how pro environment the Germans were because they were mandating it 25 years later... NO ONE knew that CA had been doing this for a generation...

I always look forward to reconnecting with friends and we can have some spirited debates... there is always something new to learn...

Old 06-16-2009, 06:50 PM

3,277 posts, read 4,613,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
I think there are some grass huts for sale in Sudan if you care to relocate. (yes, that is the "if you don't like it then leave" card)
Yes, the US has better health care and is less aggressive than Sudan...

This proves...what?

Old 06-16-2009, 06:55 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,213,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Yes, the US has better health care and is less aggressive than Sudan...

This proves...what?
I think it proves you are perhaps taking some posts too literal for starters. Secondly, I find it ammusing the people who ***** the most are probably least likely to be the poeple doing anything to help.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:58 PM

3,277 posts, read 4,613,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
I think it proves you are perhaps taking some posts too literal for starters. Secondly, I find it ammusing the people who ***** the most are probably least likely to be the poeple doing anything to help.
What do you do to improve US health care and lessen US aggression?

I'm interested!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:00 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,306,789 times
I had a friend visit from Germany. One day we took a long drive along rural roads. What neither of us liked was the many places where people had dumped unwanted items, such as sofas, old stoves, tires, and various garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or