U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 07:01 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,214,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
What do you do to improve US health care and lessen US aggression?

I'm interested!
Not involved with healthcare.

I suppose, in a certain capacity, I am involved with US aggression. I can also tell you we have been at war with Russia, China, and others for at least a decade and most people are unaware. So, to answer your question, I do a ****ing lot and I hope someday you are able to appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 07:02 PM

3,277 posts, read 4,614,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
So, to answer your question
Not really but sure...

Old 06-16-2009, 07:06 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,214,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Not really but sure...
On a civilian level, every time you use a credit card online, you can thank people like us for keeping your information secure.

Everytime you wake up in the morning and your power turns on, your shower works, and you can check your e-mail before you head to work - you can thank people like us.

There is a lot more than people think going on behind the scenes.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:08 PM

767 posts, read 1,149,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Not involved with healthcare.

I suppose, in a certain capacity, I am involved with US aggression. I can also tell you we have been at war with Russia, China, and others for at least a decade and most people are unaware. So, to answer your question, I do a ****ing lot and I hope someday you are able to appreciate it.
I appreciate it alot as do most AMERICANS... unfortunately, a vocal small group of Libs don't

Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 PM

86,992 posts, read 102,568,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanCiticen View Post
This is because america is a class society ...

Desperate poor people don´t loose all their pride in their hearts, but they don´t care much about civil duties and aesthetics. It doesn´t manner if they´re living in a self- made shack (maybe this is even better for their pride and responsibility), a housing project or a run down rural wooden house, it doens´t matter if their living room is big or small.

It all depends on social integration

As Individuals they are to blame, because everybody is responsible for his life, but structurally the elites and the highr classes in general are to blame, because they want to make money with cheap employees, outsourcing, avoiding and stigmatization the underclass and try to keep and enlarge their privileges and luxury.

There are white protestant and jewish elites who rule everything (policy, military, media, economy, culture), they built and still are building powerful lobbies

Aren't you the one who has never been to the US?

It seems that anti-semitism is alive and well in Germany. I have been to Germany, and while I liked it, I understand the Turks who have settled there are not well "assimilated" by the ethnic Germans. I also understand that German kids are "tracked" at AGE 10 into academic and vocational tracks, and only the academics can go to college. Here, anyone can go to a community college.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:05 PM

26,589 posts, read 52,277,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I had a friend visit from Germany. One day we took a long drive along rural roads. What neither of us liked was the many places where people had dumped unwanted items, such as sofas, old stoves, tires, and various garbage.
This is a real pet-peeve of mine and it shows a total disregard for other people and the land... no excuses either...

I caught people in the act of dumping trash over an embankment into a creek and called 911... only to be told trash is not an emergency and I will need to call back during normal business hours... the thing is the trash was being dumped as we spoke...

Sometimes I wish I was in law enforcement when you see a car throw-out a bag of fast-food wrappers onto the roadway without any shame... it happens in broad daylight...

There is no reason for anyone to receive compassion no matter who they are if they are so disrespectful to their fellow Americans...

Touched a nerve with this one

I'm not saying things aren't dumped in Europe, because they do have discarded trash piles in the forest... I have never seen anyone deliberately throw trash on the ground...

We as Americans don't do a good enough job when it comes to teaching the next generation...

Old 06-16-2009, 08:07 PM

I saw plenty of trash all over the place in Brazil.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 PM

22,135 posts, read 23,648,900 times
Why are we comparing ourselves to third world and developing countries? Shouldn't the US be comparing itself against its peers (which I, and I hope not mistakenly, assume does not include either Sudan or Brazil).

And this attack on the religious, conservatives, or liberals is ridiculous. These categories are huge, and you can easily find someone within your "category" who will share more of your viewpoints than someone outside of it with whom you share little. Being religious is not the same as rejecting science, and being a liberal does not mean hating the country or trying to set up some fifth column for the boogeymen.

Anyhow, fatties. Discuss.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:30 PM

Trash is not a third-world/developed world issue. Brazil is not third world, anyway.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:32 PM

22,135 posts, read 23,648,900 times
No, that's why I added developing countries. Do you want me to say non-OECD or newly industrialized country? I can do that, honest. And I do think it is a bigger issue for developing countries than it is for developed countries. There are certainly some that buck the trend, but from my travels and talking to people, I do believe trash is much more of an issue (whether it be cultural issue with people never being taught to give a damn or the government simply ignoring basic municipal services).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or