U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 07:25 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,155,742 times

Advertisements

Anyone that would make fun of and attempt to marginalize West Virginia at this point in time is nothing but cold hearted and sick, imo.

Period.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:53 PM

5,728 posts, read 9,092,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
Yeah, but Bob Dylan > Robert Fripp.

I'm from Minnesota, I don't need your article to teach me how our state makes money. And I said that MN isn't much of a manufacturing state. You know why I said that? Because the previous poster told me to go back to my rust and take care of our "joe lunchboxes"

That's ignorant, because MN is nothing like the Clevelands, Pittsburghs, and other Great Lakes rust belt areas that got hit HAAARRDD by the loss of American Manufacturing.

Economy of Minnesota - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Let's see. I post detailed information and facts from a manufacturing journal that shows how the Twin Cities ranks 4th in the country in total manufacturing. And as state? 14th. Clearly manufacturing plays a vital role in your economy. And guess what? I have lived in your state and worked in several manufacturing firms in past years. It is abundantly clear to me that you simply are uninformed about your own state's economic engine.

And what does Bob Dylan have to do with anything? Non sequitur.

Whatever you do, please do not move to New England. We don't want people like you.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I know my Avatar says Twin Cities, but I have been in Duluth for about 2 years 'temprorarily" and truley believe that Duluth is one of the hilliest cities in America, definitely one of the Hilliest 'larger' cities in America. It's often referred to as the 'San Fran' of the Midwest.

My previous comment regarding hilliness was just to poke fun, as the OP said "There are parts of PA that are hillier than anywhere in the Midwest"...those type of comments just show how ignorant and unaware much of the country is when thinking about the midwest.

You say that there are parts of PA that are hillier than anywhere in the midwest, when that's just not true, especially when I live in the midwest in one of the hilliest cities in America.

I have been to PA too, just Philly though.
You can't spell "truly" either.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:03 PM

162 posts, read 353,574 times
Quote:
Right, but a mistake in an internet forum while I'm at work is different than buying a 3'x5' poster and drawing in big bold letters :...AND THIER families.

Yeesh. After watching interviews from some of the locals...Man, WV does look backwards... Holy moly. No dentists in WV? Coal minin' not payin' good Dental Premiums in that crap hole or what?
There are dentists in WV, Dear--not sure where you heard otherwise. Also, on a related note, I wouldn't be commenting about crap holes when you live in MINNESOTA

Old 04-13-2010, 08:06 PM

162 posts, read 353,574 times
Quote:
99% of Americans should know how to spell 'THEIR'

I bet less than 50% can spell Prevalent.
I knew how to spell "prevalent" by 7 or 8 years of age. What are they teaching (or not teaching) in those Minnesotan schools?!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:38 PM

43,012 posts, read 92,332,249 times
Quote:
I know my Avatar says Twin Cities, but I have been in Duluth for about 2 years 'temprorarily" and truley believe that Duluth is one of the hilliest cities in America, definitely one of the Hilliest 'larger' cities in America. It's often referred to as the 'San Fran' of the Midwest.

My previous comment regarding hilliness was just to poke fun, as the OP said "There are parts of PA that are hillier than anywhere in the Midwest"...those type of comments just show how ignorant and unaware much of the country is when thinking about the midwest.

You say that there are parts of PA that are hillier than anywhere in the midwest, when that's just not true, especially when I live in the midwest in one of the hilliest cities in America.

I have been to PA too, just Philly though.
Do you really believe what you're saying?

Here are terrain maps of Duluth and Pittsburgh----proof that Pittsburgh is much hillier than Duluth. (Just click on terrain view and zoom into the areas.)

duluth MN - Google Maps

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...ed=0CA0Q8gEwAA

Pittsburgh's metro population is larger by over 2 million people. (Pittsburgh 2.5 million > Duluth 250k)

Pittsburgh is hillier and larger. Duluth is more like a town compared to Pittsburgh.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:12 PM

21 posts, read 44,873 times
The Midwest does not get a bum rap.

Next question? (Don't ask such a stupid one this time).

Old 04-13-2010, 11:30 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,399,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkinTall View Post
The Midwest does not get a bum rap.

Next question? (Don't ask such a stupid one this time).
You know, I don't see you doing anything productive here except complaining. How about you contribute or stop posting.

NEXT.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:07 AM

152 posts, read 276,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Do you really believe what you're saying?

Here are terrain maps of Duluth and Pittsburgh----proof that Pittsburgh is much hillier than Duluth. (Just click on terrain view and zoom into the areas.)

duluth MN - Google Maps

pittsburgh pa - Google Maps
From their respective city-data articles-
Pittsburgh's highest point is 1,223 ft. and lowest point is 696 ft. Difference: 527 ft.
Duluth's highest point is 1,485 ft. and lowest point is 605 ft. Difference: 880 ft.
And from the looks of the maps, Pittsburgh just looks like it has lots of small hills, whereas Duluth is built on an old mountainside. So Pittsburgh is not a good example to use.
Quote:
Pittsburgh's metro population is larger by over 2 million people. (Pittsburgh 2.5 million > Duluth 250k)

Pittsburgh is hillier and larger. Duluth is more like a town compared to Pittsburgh.
What's your point? Was anyone arguing more people live in Duluth than Pittsburgh?

Old 04-14-2010, 09:15 AM

PA is a very hilly state. There are lots of communities that are hillier than Duluth. I've been to Duluth and yes, it is hilly but it won't compare to many areas of PA in that respect regardless of the size of the hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.