U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 11:23 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,516,582 times

Advertisements

One reason I can't live in in the Midwest: I enjoy having hills and mountains.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:34 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,726,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
Yes that is correct
Even though that was in Oklahoma, that would still be rare in most parts of the Mid-west, here in MN ive seen at most golf ball sized hail. Seriously though the storms in the Mid-west are actually a pretty awesome experience, i feel bad for the folks on the West Coast who have to miss out on the storms

Old 05-08-2012, 11:40 PM

1,366 posts, read 1,361,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Even though that was in Oklahoma, that would still be rare in most parts of the Mid-west, here in MN ive seen at most golf ball sized hail. Seriously though the storms in the Mid-west are actually a pretty awesome experience, i feel bad for the folks on the West Coast who have to miss out on the storms
I appreciate your condolences

Old 05-08-2012, 11:40 PM

12,084 posts, read 34,177,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Are you trying to be funny?
Naw, she is a troll who cruises the rural/small town area of the forum and hates everything not LA. Spews stereotypes like fact and hasn't been to most areas she expounds on being so bad. Frankly with the garbage she tosses out and the derogatory language used, I have to wonder why the Admin allows her to remain a member.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 AM

20 posts, read 31,200 times
This is such an interesting thread. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I admit, I love it here. But I have a fascination with everything that is different than me, especially when it comes to people and places. To be honest there is a lot I don't know, especially to my California sensibilities, even places in California are different. I mean, Los Angeles feels different than San Francisco.

Although, my appreciation for America might be a rare one. I've always wanted to visit Kansas city. Is that midwest? Sorry for my ignorance. I want to visit as much as I can. My only qualm is a fear of how people would react to me. I am an asian-hispanic mix, and I don't know how the midwest or southern states would react to me. I just hope that there is someone who would accept me out there. I always thought it would be cool to have a white southern friend. Southern accents are so awesome.

I do have a friend from Wichita. I love it when he tells about life over there.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:58 AM

20,853 posts, read 35,976,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catknip View Post
This is such an interesting thread. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I admit, I love it here. But I have a fascination with everything that is different than me, especially when it comes to people and places. To be honest there is a lot I don't know, especially to my California sensibilities, even places in California are different. I mean, Los Angeles feels different than San Francisco.

Although, my appreciation for America might be a rare one. I've always wanted to visit Kansas city. Is that midwest? Sorry for my ignorance. I want to visit as much as I can. My only qualm is a fear of how people would react to me. I am an asian-hispanic mix, and I don't know how the midwest or southern states would react to me. I just hope that there is someone who would accept me out there. I always thought it would be cool to have a white southern friend. Southern accents are so awesome.

I do have a friend from Wichita. I love it when he tells about life over there.
Kansas City, MO is not bad at all. Lots of cultural attractions and plenty of diversity. However, it is obviously nothing like San Francisco at all.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:59 AM

20,853 posts, read 35,976,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlanderinOC View Post
Duluth, MN has very large hills just outside of town.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 AM

23,440 posts, read 31,744,165 times
Quote:
One can only suppose you've never heard of the Ozark Mountains.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:39 AM

23,440 posts, read 31,744,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkenstein91 View Post
Did someone seriously just argue that the midwest has no cultural amenities outside of Chicago?

Does the second largest theater district in the country count? How about an Orchestra ranked among the top ten in the world? World class museums? Thriving fine arts scene? National park ten minutes outside of town?
STL has a National Park right smack in the middle of downtown.
Just sayin.
Jefferson National Expansion Memorial - Jefferson National Expansion Memorial

Old 05-09-2012, 08:42 AM

4,268 posts, read 5,488,340 times
Quote:
There are plenty of hills in the Midwest, that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.