U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-25-2013, 02:57 PM
 
1,911 posts, read 3,241,725 times
Reputation: 910

Advertisements

Yes, the gulf coast is just amazing. How can anyone forget it's also a coast.

The immigration change is mainly via illegal immigration, not the highly educated you seem to believe it is.

Midwest is "ghetting" there, finally.

 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:20 PM
 
649 posts, read 982,587 times
Reputation: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
Yes, the gulf coast is just amazing. How can anyone forget it's also a coast.

The immigration change is mainly via illegal immigration, not the highly educated you seem to believe it is.

Midwest is "ghetting" there, finally.
You are hilarious. Go out there and tell anyone that the Midwest is the bastion of illegal immigrants and not CA and AZ and see if you don't get laughed off the planet. Just because you defy reality in a post to have the last word doesn't change anything about the real world.

This is for you. Hope you recover one day..

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 09-04-2013 at 06:52 AM..
 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:33 PM
 
1,911 posts, read 3,241,725 times
Reputation: 910
The two most populated states also have the most illegal immigrants....what a revelation. They even share a border with Mexico.

They also have the most legal immigrants as well. Along with 3rd/4th/5th generation Hispanics who have history in the US longer than many whites and blacks.
 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:37 PM
 
649 posts, read 982,587 times
Reputation: 372
You seem quite uneducated. Maybe you're only in junior high school or something and I'm talking to a kid. Feel kinda bad if it were the case and if it were, ignore my comment.

Let me educate you on the first set of figures. Immigration to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These figures show the percentage change of all residents in all 50 states that are FOREIGN born.

What this means is, for states with a low base, you will yield a high percentage change. Two states with the same original number of foreign born residents at 1990, will have parity. But a state with originally a very high foreign born population like CA, will not show a dramatic figure like North Carolina which saw its foreign born population climb almost 300%. Of course to yield such a dramatic figure, you need to have both a low base AND a high growth.

Percentage change shows progress, because it shows one how much the foreign born population increased by. In NC's case, its increased by almost 300%. It doesn't tell you the actual percentage of foreign born population vs US born population.

Most of the foreign born immigrants in the Midwest are direct skilled hires like educators and engineers who got into the country on the H1B visa, they were specially recruited to come to the United States to work. That's why they ended up living in the Midwest. And then of course we have our immigrant entrepreneurs who come to the Midwest to open businesses like restaurants. This is their way of investing in the US just so they can eventually have citizenship. This group specially came here because they want to make the US their home.

Its unskilled illegals and Hispanics who are crammed in CA and NY because that's their first port of call, and that's where their smugglers would take them. Its also where their family members who are also illegals are living in the US so those states are their first and actually...only choice.

You need to be a legal immigrant with a VISA to enter all the way into Middle America because you need to take a plane to get into Kansas City, Columbus, Minneapolis. The reason those states get lots of illegals is because the illegals walk across from Mexico (CA, NM, AZ, TX) or come in stowed away on board the freighter (NY)...

There's no way for an illegal to come all the way to the Midwest unless after braving the journey, he decides to leave his Amigos for fun and take a Greyhound bus to Minneapolis by himself.

You should leave the Midwest, even if you are just a junior high kid. Don't bring down the average intelligence.

Last edited by sadgirl80; 08-25-2013 at 03:53 PM..
 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:46 PM
 
649 posts, read 982,587 times
Reputation: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
The two most populated states also have the most illegal immigrants....what a revelation.
Whoever said anything about how high the population is? I was responding to this. Quote below. Read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post

The immigration change is mainly via illegal immigration, not the highly educated you seem to believe it is.

Midwest is "ghetting" there, finally.
THIS. RUBBISH QUOTE.

You claimed that the CHANGE in foreign born population is from illegal immigration (hilarious). That's why I showed you where most of the illegal immigrants are in. How can both statements be true? How can CA and TX have the lion's share of illegals of the country, and the Midwest does not even make an appearance until rank #16 with MI having a paltry 70,000 illegals compared to CA's over 2Million and yet the Midwest shows much higher percentage change in foreign born population than CA and NY?!

Basically you got caught with your pants down when it was shown the Midwest and South are the states with the largest increase in immigrants (and I said this in response to your repeated rubbish about Somali refugees and your comment about the Midwesterners would want "CA illegals" among them because they can say they're diversified..biggest crock of turd ever written) and in order to save yourself, you claim they are illegal when EVERYBODY in the US knows where the illegals are. You need to be hiding under a rock for the last 100 years to not know.

Saying something that completely defies reality doesn't change the facts of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
They also have the most legal immigrants as well.
Nobody said they couldn't. The figures are on illegals. Not legal. So your statement is pointless.

Please go back to Hawaii. I don't think the Midwest wants you either.
 
Old 08-25-2013, 04:17 PM
 
1,911 posts, read 3,241,725 times
Reputation: 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post
You seem quite uneducated. Maybe you're only in junior high school or something and I'm talking to a kid. Feel kinda bad if it were the case and if it were, ignore my comment.

Let me educate you on the first set of figures. Immigration to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These figures show the percentage change of all residents in all 50 states that are FOREIGN born.

What this means is, for states with a low base, you will yield a high percentage change. Two states with the same original number of foreign born residents at 1990, will have parity. But a state with originally a very high foreign born population like CA, will not show a dramatic figure like North Carolina which saw its foreign born population climb almost 300%. Of course to yield such a dramatic figure, you need to have both a low base AND a high growth.

Percentage change shows progress, because it shows one how much the foreign born population increased by. In NC's case, its increased by almost 300%. It doesn't tell you the actual percentage of foreign born population vs US born population.

Most of the foreign born immigrants in the Midwest are direct skilled hires like educators and engineers who got into the country on the H1B visa, they were specially recruited to come to the United States to work. That's why they ended up living in the Midwest. And then of course we have our immigrant entrepreneurs who come to the Midwest to open businesses like restaurants. This is their way of investing in the US just so they can eventually have citizenship. This group specially came here because they want to make the US their home.

Its unskilled illegals and Hispanics who are crammed in CA and NY because that's their first port of call, and that's where their smugglers would take them. Its also where their family members who are also illegals are living in the US so those states are their first and actually...only choice.

You need to be a legal immigrant with a VISA to enter all the way into Middle America because you need to take a plane to get into Kansas City, Columbus, Minneapolis.The reason those states get lots of illegals is because the illegals walk across from Mexico (CA, NM, AZ, TX) or come in stowed away on board the freighter (NY)...

There's no way for an illegal to come all the way to the Midwest unless after braving the journey, he decides to leave his Amigos for fun and take a Greyhound bus to Minneapolis by himself.

You should leave the Midwest, even if you are just a junior high kid. Don't bring down the average intelligence.
You've never heard of buying a one-way ticket as a tourist not to return.

Even the way you write "decides to leave his Amigos", it's just very ignorant and I see no further point in addressing your statements.

You're a mental midget.

Last edited by tollfree; 08-25-2013 at 04:38 PM..
 
Old 08-25-2013, 05:58 PM
 
2,601 posts, read 4,074,417 times
Reputation: 2275
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
You've never heard of buying a one-way ticket as a tourist not to return.

Even the way you write "decides to leave his Amigos", it's just very ignorant and I see no further point in addressing your statements.

You're a mental midget.
No, you have no intelligent response, so you resort to name-calling.
 
Old 08-25-2013, 06:40 PM
 
1,911 posts, read 3,241,725 times
Reputation: 910
There is no intelligent response, as we have a person who finds it applicable to refer to Hispanics under the blanket term of "Amigos".

So, we're dealing with a level of mental midgetry that simply shouldn't be addressed, as there is no point.

Is the State of Wisconsin finally over Brett Favre?
 
Old 08-25-2013, 07:10 PM
 
11,890 posts, read 32,929,370 times
Reputation: 8651
This thread has turned sour. Time to close it.
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top