Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 10:02 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,715,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
And I'm condescending? The first person who responded to me said 'Good job MN public schools' because I typed a word wrong. So, Unless you live in Vermont, MA, CT, or ME, you probably DON'T live in a state with better public schools.
yep, you're being condescending and actually there are about 30 states with better high schools than MN.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:14 AM

6,295 posts, read 11,005,087 times
Quote:
Ok, so outsourcing those important customers to deal with call centers in India is so great for customer service? Try and keep up with me, try it.

What are you talking about? Minnesota isn't much of a manufacturing state. Our economy depends on agriculture and tourism. The Twin Cities aren't the rust belt, again, pick up a book. I guess I'll have to drive by the Mansions of CEOs of Best Buy, Target, Cargill, General Mills, 3M, USBANK, Wells Fargo (CEO from MN and still has homes here) and we can discuss why they have their World Wide companies in our backyard and NOT in West Virginia.

And my initial post was me laughing at the sign. Just thinking it was ironic how WV people on C-D will fight tooth and nail to avoid being stereotyped as the back-water, deliverence, toothless redneck area that most of America thinks of WV, and the first media exposure I see on a large scale of WV is a fat, horribly dressed woman with a sign that spells THIER. It was more ironic and anecdotal than anything, and you self-conscious, insecure babies took it the wrong way. To me, I KNOW it was ironic that I spelled a word wrong while calling out somebody who had done so. All I know is if I'm going to take the time to make a sign in big letters, I'm going to make sure I spell THEIR right. When I'm checking up C-D in my few free minutes at work and quickly type something wrong on an internet forum, I couldn't care less.

And I'm condescending? The first person who responded to me said 'Good job MN public schools' because I typed a word wrong. So, Unless you live in Vermont, MA, CT, or ME, you probably DON'T live in a state with better public schools.

You are condescending and extremely arrogant. Your attitude towards the entire state of WV is disgusting.

Robert Fripp founded a Guitar School in the state in the 1980's. If it was such a backwater I sincerely doubt he would have even thought about starting the school and living there for a while.

TrouserPress.com :: Robert Fripp

MN is most definitely a manufacturing state. Read the following:

Industrial Directory Reports Minnesota Manufacturing Jobs Down 1.7%; Minneapolis/St. Paul Ranks Fourth In Nation For Manufacturing - November 21, 2007 - For Immediate Release

I come from an Ivy League family and community in Connecticut. Our high school class grades ranked in the top one percent of high schools around the country. We always spelled "their" as "thare".

Old 04-13-2010, 02:44 PM

5 posts, read 6,576 times
The Midwest gets a bum rap because some people from cities are just as narrowminded, if not more so, than their country counterparts. Even people from Chicago WHICH IS IN THE MIDWEST tend to rip on the rest of the midwest, and they are in it!
"Bum raps" about entire regions are something that are handed out by immature dummies who are not that well traveled.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:17 PM

869 posts, read 1,559,289 times
Quote:
Right, but a mistake in an internet forum while I'm at work is different than buying a 3'x5' poster and drawing in big bold letters :...AND THIER families.

Yeesh. After watching interviews from some of the locals...Man, WV does look backwards... Holy moly. No dentists in WV? Coal minin' not payin' good Dental Premiums in that crap hole or what?
How classy of you. 29 people just lost their lives in a horrific coal mining accident and all you can do is make fun of the people?

Old 04-13-2010, 03:48 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,259,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerfromfriends View Post
The Midwest gets a bum rap because some people from cities are just as narrowminded, if not more so, than their country counterparts. Even people from Chicago WHICH IS IN THE MIDWEST tend to rip on the rest of the midwest, and they are in it!
"Bum raps" about entire regions are something that are handed out by immature dummies who are not that well traveled.
My Chicago does not bash on the the rest of the Midwest. It does prefer itself over the rest, though. From your other posts I can tell that you are the people doing so.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:35 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,404,063 times
The midwest is the second best region in the United States for many reasons.

-The Great Lakes
-Chicago
-Many Great Cities
-Friendly People
-Fresh Food
-Great Scenery
-Great Sunsets (more plainsy or if you are on the east side of a GL)
-Not Far from Canada
-Great Weather (IMO...I love variety!)

Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,124,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerfromfriends View Post
people from Chicago WHICH IS IN THE MIDWEST tend to rip on the rest of the midwest, and they are in it!
Most Chicagoans (even transplants) dont rip on Midwesterners, not sure where you get that idea from.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:09 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,834,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Most Chicagoans (even transplants) dont rip on Midwesterners, not sure where you get that idea from.
Eh, they mainly just bash the Lou j/k

Old 04-13-2010, 08:18 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,631,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
You are condescending and extremely arrogant. Your attitude towards the entire state of WV is disgusting.

Robert Fripp founded a Guitar School in the state in the 1980's. If it was such a backwater I sincerely doubt he would have even thought about starting the school and living there for a while.

TrouserPress.com :: Robert Fripp

MN is most definitely a manufacturing state. Read the following:

Industrial Directory Reports Minnesota Manufacturing Jobs Down 1.7%; Minneapolis/St. Paul Ranks Fourth In Nation For Manufacturing - November 21, 2007 - For Immediate Release

I come from an Ivy League family and community in Connecticut. Our high school class grades ranked in the top one percent of high schools around the country. We always spelled "their" as "thare".

Yeah, but Bob Dylan > Robert Fripp.

I'm from Minnesota, I don't need your article to teach me how our state makes money. And I said that MN isn't much of a manufacturing state. You know why I said that? Because the previous poster told me to go back to my rust and take care of our "joe lunchboxes"

That's ignorant, because MN is nothing like the Clevelands, Pittsburghs, and other Great Lakes rust belt areas that got hit HAAARRDD by the loss of American Manufacturing.

Economy of Minnesota - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-13-2010, 08:22 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,631,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
yep, you're being condescending and actually there are about 30 states with better high schools than MN.

Cool, but where i'm from K-12 matters, and then post-secondary as well.

Most kids know whether they're going to college before HS anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.