Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 02:07 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,168,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
The Hocking Hills region of Ohio is a personal favorite of mine.

Hocking Hills State Park Hiking Trails Pictures Movie
Sorry, but once you've seen the Grand Canyon on the Rio Grande this place looks like pile of hot garbage. Flat, featureless, and not at all scenic!!!

Old 08-21-2013, 02:11 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,175,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowsAndBeer View Post
Sorry, but once you've seen the Grand Canyon on the Rio Grande this place looks like pile of hot garbage. Flat, featureless, and not at all scenic!!!
That's like saying once you've been to Paris, NYC and every other city is just a cheap knock off.

I'm pretty confident the extremists are trolls.

I really think the Midwest is underrated. Especially Michigan.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:13 PM

549 posts, read 848,223 times
^^^ you're clearly wearing different sets of glasses when looking at the different regions. They're not as different as you make them out to be.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:14 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,977,958 times
Quote:
^ From the expert.
Doesn't take a genius to figure out homerism is someone claiming Great Lakes beaches are more beautiul than those of tropical or west coast locations. Beautiful, yes. More beautiful than CA, FL, Jamaica? No. Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but the beholder should be realistic. The dramatic coasts of CA and HI and Florida's tropical look and feel are on a higher level than the Great Lakes and other coastal states overall.

I know someone's going to show me a picture of a cliffside Lake Michigan beach now

Old 08-21-2013, 02:20 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,168,082 times
Quote:
That's like saying once you've been to Paris, NYC and every other city is just a cheap knock off.

I'm pretty confident the extremists are trolls.

I really think the Midwest is underrated. Especially Michigan.
In case you haven't been following the thread, that was sarcasm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Doesn't take a genius to figure out homerism is someone claiming Great Lakes beaches are more beautiul than those of tropical or west coast locations. Beautiful, yes. More beautiful than CA, FL, Jamaica? No. Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but the beholder should be realistic. The dramatic coasts of CA and HI and Florida's tropical look and feel are on a higher level than the Great Lakes and they beach states overall.

I know someone's going to show me a picture of a cliffside Lake Michigan beach now
Nope, just wanted to point to a pot gesturing wildly at a kettle.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Doesn't take a genius to figure out homerism is someone claiming Great Lakes beaches are more beautiul than those of tropical or west coast locations. Beautiful, yes. More beautiful than CA, FL, Jamaica? No. Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but the beholder should be realistic. The dramatic coasts of CA and HI and Florida's tropical look and feel are on a higher level than the Great Lakes and they beach states overall.

Why bother? You have your mind made up anyway.

This is in Michigan but not on Lake Michigan because the beautiful thing about the Midwest is there is water EVERYWHERE. You can't say that about any state in the West.

torch lake michigan image search results

Old 08-21-2013, 02:21 PM

517 posts, read 677,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
hey genuis...the Rio Grande doesn't flow through the Grand Canyon...Holy Crap indeed.
You know what I meant. The point is the Mississippi is not a scenic river, and the Colorado, Hudson, Columbia rivers are scenic rivers.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:22 PM

517 posts, read 677,829 times
Quote:
Why bother? You have your mind made up anyway.

This is in Michigan but not on Lake Michigan because the beautiful thing about the Midwest is there is water EVERYWHERE. You can't say that about any state in the West.

torch lake michigan image search results
I have actually stayed at a cottage on Torch Lake.

Why would you mention Torch Lake? There's nothing special at all about Torch Lake. It's one of a million inland lakes in Northern MI.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
In case you haven't been following the thread, that was sarcasm!

Nope, just wanted to point to a pot gesturing wildly at a kettle.

I knew what you were up to.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH_CDM View Post
I have actually stayed at a cottage on Torch Lake.

Why would you mention Torch Lake? There's nothing special at all about Torch Lake. It's one of a million inland lakes in Northern MI.
Torch Lake, Named 3rd most beautiful lake in the nation by National Geographic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.