Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:45 PM

669 posts, read 3,193,216 times

Advertisements

With all the talk of illegal aliens (I hate them too, btw, since most of the truly nice people who are immigrants are legal), I have a question. Which states are the LEAST populated with them and in the least danger of being inundated anytime soon? I know Florida, California etc are huge illegal immigrant states. So which states are not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 02:56 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,729,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy View Post
With all the talk of illegal aliens (I hate them too, btw, since most of the truly nice people who are immigrants are legal), I have a question. Which states are the LEAST populated with them and in the least danger of being inundated anytime soon? I know Florida, California etc are huge illegal immigrant states. So which states are not?
Where ever ain't pandering to them. Just saw in the local paper, that the town of Bellaire, OH arrested four of them on a roofing crew. Yup, illegal, turned them over to the INS, with a contracting crew out of Columbus. Lot of small towns in OH don't have them and they seem determined to not have them.

In addition the contractor had no permits, could be in for tons of violations. Typical for what happens. They avoid the normal costs and undercut the locals for work. I would be arresting that contractor big time too. The places that ain't got them are starting to wake up.

Ohio has been a bit late to wake up in the bigger cities, ain't so out in the countryside. The real problem here is not the individual illegals but the native born contractors using them. Those four might be gone, he will just get more. I would be giving him some prison time.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:00 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,062 times
Surely this shouldnt be in Other Topics ?

Old 04-13-2007, 03:05 PM

Sorry, my mistake. Should be in general US.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:13 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,729,895 times
Default Ok

Ok get some illegals to drive the truck to move it.

O' they will also load it, same crew.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:03 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,915,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Where ever ain't pandering to them. Just saw in the local paper, that the town of Bellaire, OH arrested four of them on a roofing crew. Yup, illegal, turned them over to the INS, with a contracting crew out of Columbus. Lot of small towns in OH don't have them and they seem determined to not have them.

In addition the contractor had no permits, could be in for tons of violations. Typical for what happens. They avoid the normal costs and undercut the locals for work. I would be arresting that contractor big time too. The places that ain't got them are starting to wake up.

Ohio has been a bit late to wake up in the bigger cities, ain't so out in the countryside. The real problem here is not the individual illegals but the native born contractors using them. Those four might be gone, he will just get more. I would be giving him some prison time.
You're right, especially with that last paragraph. It's the contractors and other businesses that want the cheap labor who are the real abusers here. They need to go to jail, or be deported themselves. I'm not sympathetic to illegal immigrants, but when the law in this country turns a deaf ear (for the most part) and businesses encourage them to come here I can hardly blame them so much when it sucks so badly where they come from.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:53 PM

17 posts, read 172,605 times
Quote:
LoL your a fool, what, illegal aliens cant be nice peope??? If you actually new any "illegals" you would know that they are nicer then the average American...REAL TALK. The fact that you blame them for coming here for work and not American buisnesses for hiring them(for greed) makes you a hypocrite. Wouldn't you come here if you were in their situation? Don't give me that I'd do it "legally" cause thats BS. If you were making a few dollars a day and had a family to feed you wouldn't think twice about coming to America and the last thing you'd care about is taking a few bucks away from a "hard working" American cause you came here illegally.

The reason I say this is cause I understand them. Some of them can be bad people but the majority are not.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLAZEMDM View Post
LoL your a fool, what, illegal aliens cant be nice peope??? If you actually new any "illegals" you would know that they are nicer then the average American...REAL TALK. The fact that you blame them for coming here for work and not American buisnesses for hiring them(for greed) makes you a hypocrite. Wouldn't you come here if you were in their situation? Don't give me that I'd do it "legally" cause thats BS. If you were making a few dollars a day and had a family to feed you wouldn't think twice about coming to America and the last thing you'd care about is taking a few bucks away from a "hard working" American cause you came here illegally.

The reason I say this is cause I understand them. Some of them can be bad people but the majority are not.

When did I say ANYTHING about business or blaming them for why they're coming?

I asked a question.

Which BTW almost nobody has answered.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:29 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times
Quote:

I asked a question.

Maybe no one can. I've been googling for two hours and have yet to come up with an answer. My guess is that since they are "Illegal" there are no hard numbers.

Sorry. I think it's a great question but I just can't find an answer.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:32 PM

17 posts, read 172,605 times
Quote:

I asked a question.

Lol if you want a city that dosen't have many "illegals" well it's probably going to be a small very boring city with not much....you know......WORK. You could probably find a small town in Mississippi with not much illegals....LOL. F that though I'm comfortable around them, Cali is where it's at, but don't come bmurphy, it's not your scene thats for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.