U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 02:00 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,681,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthwriter View Post
My husband and I looking for a region in the USA to move to where we can be happy, healthy, comfortable, and safe. We are quiet, non-smoking creative organic vegetarians who enjoy and prefer a region with high standards of quality of life. We appreciate all helpful information. Thank you. The following is a brief list of important criteria we're doing our best to follow to help us determine where to relocate to.

• North of the Mason Dixon Line, will strongly consider Canada or regions near Canada
  • Strong noise and boomcar ordinances that are not tolerated, are strictly enforced with stiff fines
  • Strong anti-smoking laws
  • Peaceful and quiet
  • Large vegetarian population with at least 2 or 3 vegetarian restaurants (100% vegetarian menu with zero meat on the menu)
  • Few, if any nuclear reactors
  • 50% or more of the population is 35+, very few residents under the age of 35
  • Very green-minded, respectful of environmental concerns and very environmentally aware
Actually here's the perfect place for you:

Maharishi Vedic City, Iowa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 02:21 PM

55 posts, read 116,827 times
Thank you for the helpful replies. We appreciate it. I'd like to reply to a few comments made here. To clarify, the reason we mentioned vegetarian restaurants is because the more vegetarian restaurants there are in a city, it's highly likely that there will be a large vegetarian population in that city. We haven't dined out in years. We make our own delicious home-cooked meals. The age concern is because the youth that has surrounded us in the last few regions we've resided in are obnoxious, rude, disrespectful, noisy, and self-destructive. We are a quiet, self-respecting, down-to-earth couple and we meditate and it's important to us to have many similar like-minded people in the nearby vicinity. Granted, I've met some very sweet intelligent down-to-earth youth who surprised me and I've met some rude obnoxious 55+, but for the most part, it hasn't been like that. We might consider returning to the Pacific Northwest; we certainly do miss it! After all, that's where we grew up. Thank you again for the helpful replies. We appreciate it.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:29 PM

56,823 posts, read 81,169,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post
Ithaca, NY is a college town but not really noisy except at the few Ithaca College hangout spots. Cornell students are too busy studying. No fan riots, girls urinating in the bushes, kind of stuff happens there. Well maybe at I.C. but its suburban campus is pretty well self contained.
I second Ithaca. They actually are about to close a restaurant that has been there for 30 years(ABC Cafe), but I'm sure there are others in the area. Moosewood Restaurant - Ithaca, NY

Ithaca New York Vegetarian Restaurants Vegan

Ithaca's Smart Monkey Cafe - Home

and things throughout NY State: http://www.vegetarianusa.com/city/NewYork.html

Old 06-19-2009, 04:56 PM

5,256 posts, read 11,980,795 times
Pnw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or