Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 05:59 PM

219 posts, read 332,966 times

Advertisements

my husband and i are looking for a city that would fit our lifestyle and families needs. Im a certified nurses assistant wanting to become a nurse when my youngest daughter starts school in 3yrs lol... My oldest is 3yrs old now so schools are necessary. A place with alot of nursing homes for jobs would be nice, my husband doesnt work. we just like to be able to walk, im not really an outdoorsy kinda girl. Picnics, walking, bike riding, and taking the kids to the park is as outdoorsy as i get lol. I can spend up too $600 a month on rent for 2bedrooms 1 1/2 bathrooms(i can pay more if cna's there gets paid more than $12hr), and i need cities with a second chance program apartments(had an eviction 2yrs ago, paid it but its still on my credit report).

A city with easy public transportation even though i have a car i always like to have a backup plan. we dont mind snow but not as much as michigan snow or michigan weather for that matter. we also want to be somewhere that has either a theme park, or water park. Any suggestions? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 05:09 AM

26,989 posts, read 43,547,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids08_10 View Post
my husband and i are looking for a city that would fit our lifestyle and families needs. Im a certified nurses assistant wanting to become a nurse when my youngest daughter starts school in 3yrs lol... My oldest is 3yrs old now so schools are necessary. A place with alot of nursing homes for jobs would be nice, my husband doesnt work. we just like to be able to walk, im not really an outdoorsy kinda girl. Picnics, walking, bike riding, and taking the kids to the park is as outdoorsy as i get lol. I can spend up too $600 a month on rent for 2bedrooms 1 1/2 bathrooms(i can pay more if cna's there gets paid more than $12hr), and i need cities with a second chance program apartments(had an eviction 2yrs ago, paid it but its still on my credit report).

A city with easy public transportation even though i have a car i always like to have a backup plan. we dont mind snow but not as much as michigan snow or michigan weather for that matter. we also want to be somewhere that has either a theme park, or water park. Any suggestions? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE...
You might check out Greensboro, North Carolina. It's part of the much larger Triad metro area which includes Winston-Salem and High Point. It's very affordable and a beautiful area with a moderate four-season climate, without all of the snow! Schools are quite good, particularly on the west and northwest side of the city near the airport. Crime is quite low in those areas as well. There is a wide selection of apartments in your price range (under $600 per month).

A well-written letter that accompanies your rental applications explaining your earlier financial difficulties, the fact that it's paid off, as well as your current plans will go a long way to counteract the negativity of your credit report. The city also has a pretty extensive transit system as well as a nice water park (Wet n' Wild).

Good luck!

Greensboro, North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GTA Monday - Saturday Bus Routes (http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/departments/GDOT/divisions/gta/routes/MondaySaturdayRoutes.htm - broken link)
Wet ‘n Wild Emerald Point - Water Park
GreatSchools.org Search: greensboro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.