U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:33 PM

55,668 posts, read 74,646,551 times

Advertisements

not enough crime
not enough cold
no winter
i cant wear any heavy clothing
i dont think women should prance around on the beach 1/2 naked
im moving back to chicago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 02:36 PM

22,331 posts, read 32,176,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
not enough crime
not enough cold
no winter
That sounds like too much to take

Old 08-23-2010, 06:48 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,807,544 times
Quote:
not enough crime
LOL this is a first...

Old 08-23-2010, 07:20 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,598,395 times
Quote:
not enough crime
not enough cold
no winter

What the heck? Who, besides, a gangster, or a mafia member, would prefer high crime?

Old 08-23-2010, 07:22 PM

22,331 posts, read 32,176,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
What the heck? Who, besides, a gangster, or a mafia member, would prefer high crime?

I think this was sarcasm

Old 08-23-2010, 07:34 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,535,866 times
2. Cultural Attractions (Music Venues, Museums, Broadway, Festivals, etc.)
3. Food Scene
4. The Neighborhoods
5. The Skyline/Architecture

Dislikes
1. Cost of Living
2. Pollution
3. Rats
4. Homelessness
5. The Smell on Hot Days

Old 08-23-2010, 07:40 PM

3,115 posts, read 6,500,965 times
Lubbock

1) Quite vibrant for a city its size (college town: many amenities/cultural events/diversity)
2) Extremely friendly people
3) Dry, mild weather most of the year
4) Great schools
5) Very clean, well landscaped

Dislikes:
1) The High Plains has its own kind of beauty, but I prefer mountains, water, beaches, etc.
2) Little outdoor activity outside of hunting
3) Relatively isolated (wouldn't be as much a problem if there were better scenery)
4) Very limited walkability/bikeability/public transportation
5) Not as politically moderate as I would like

Old 08-24-2010, 12:10 AM

349 posts, read 790,798 times
myrtle beach, sc

the commons
huntington beach state park
rioz
warm water at the beach

dislikes:
general attitude of people (tourists)
horrible drivers
humidity
mosquitos
roads (either in horrible condition or stupidly planned)
no whole foods or anything like it
"downtown" area looks horrible
taxes

Old 08-25-2010, 02:52 AM

4,812 posts, read 5,001,605 times
SACRAMENTO

1. Access to outdoor activities: valley rivers, mountain creeks & rivers, large mountains and foothills, rugged coast, tame coast, stunning scenery, surrounded by wine growing regions and the most famous of all Napa Valley, all this located either in town or 1, 2, or 3 hours away. And easy access to one of the most urban beautiful cities in the world. (SF)

2. Comfortable very good weather 10-11 months of the year, low humidity, lots of sun.

3. FRIENDLY PEOPLE, very diverse, high numbers of latinos, asians, surprisingly nice mix of expats from Europe. Highly rated University 10 miles away, in charming cultured town linked by regular train service. (University of California, Davis)

4. Eco-progressive, flat and easy for biking, slowly but progressively creating a dense pedestrian downtown/midtown. One of the first modern light rail systems in USA and its expanding south, north and to the Airport. Brand new airport opening soon.

5. Great Minor league baseball stadium, tree-lined throughout the metro. Growing artistic class.

DISLIKES:
1. Just a tad too far from the coast.
2. Lacks a corporate, fortune 500 presence.
3. Lacks a National tourist attraction(s) or tourist district that many other cities have of similar size. (Although charming, Old Sacramento doesn't quite cut it)
4. Needs a new Arena and stadium.
5. Too many Nimbys (Not in My Backyard types)

Old 08-27-2010, 01:54 PM

543 posts, read 1,320,737 times
Default Seattle

Seattle

Like: (1)An abundance of amazing beautiful parks; (2)abundant amount of delicious restaurants; (3)great public transportation;(4) lovely mild weather(LOVE the summers here); (5)ecology (very green, lots of trees, mountain views, and surrounded by water--love it!)

Dislike: (1)"Seattle Nice"--well known term here: in GENERAL, te population has the tenancy to be very passive aggressive; (2)HORRIBLE drivers (I have been all over the US, Seattle by far is the WORST!); (3)very limited night life--pretends to be a big city, but it's not....most of the city shuts down pretty early the majority of the time; (4) majority(notice I did not say ALL) of bikers who play by a double standard--expect everyone (including pedestrians!) to yield to them, yet they *constantly* break the law--would love to see a much bigger enforcement of this here--they are dangerous! (5) very aggressive homeless population (I am sympathetic, but it is not ok to approach me for $ at an ATM, tapping on my car window when I am parked, when I have my wallet out paying for parking, etc, and then get angry when I don't pay up).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or