Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:35 AM

172 posts, read 718,969 times

Advertisements

came across this article.
Unemployment: 9.5%; payroll job loss greater than expected - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,499 times
YEEEHAAAA!!!! Go stimulus plan!!!! Go "green jobs"!!!! When are people going to realize this isn't working and throwing more money on the fire isn't going to put it out. Oh wait I know what'll solve the problem higher taxes!!!

Old 07-02-2009, 12:19 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,626,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
YEEEHAAAA!!!! Go stimulus plan!!!! Go "green jobs"!!!! When are people going to realize this isn't working and throwing more money on the fire isn't going to put it out. Oh wait I know what'll solve the problem higher taxes!!!
It takes more than just a few months to fix an economy that is in this bad of shape. Most economists say things are looking brighter now, and unemployment always lags behind recovery- meaning when the economy starts getting back on its feet unemployment will still be high for a bit, then start dropping slowly. That's how it works. And for the stimulus, that is/was necessary- it is a known fact that government has to spend to spur growth in these seriously down economic times.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:26 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,088 times
  • Hey hey! Watch it! Because of this "Stimulus plan" Albuquerque is getting a Streetcar!

Old 07-02-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
  • Hey hey! Watch it! Because of this "Stimulus plan" Albuquerque is getting a Streetcar!
Sorry, sorry I was unaware that Albuquerque was in such dire need of a street car! Suffolk county NY needs a submarine can we get funding for that? Jobs jobs jobs!!!!

Old 07-02-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
It takes more than just a few months to fix an economy that is in this bad of shape. Most economists say things are looking brighter now, and unemployment always lags behind recovery- meaning when the economy starts getting back on its feet unemployment will still be high for a bit, then start dropping slowly. That's how it works. And for the stimulus, that is/was necessary- it is a known fact that government has to spend to spur growth in these seriously down economic times.
Well theres adifference between "staying high" and increasing. And honestly how many jobs is NM getting for their trolley? I'd really love to know in the end how many "new jobs" can be linked to this spendfest.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:52 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,896,351 times
Quote:
Well theres adifference between "staying high" and increasing. And honestly how many jobs is NM getting for their trolley? I'd really love to know in the end how many "new jobs" can be linked to this spendfest.
For the money that's been spent so far, pretty minimal. Hopefully they will be more tactfull with the rest.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:56 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,861,708 times
Obamanomics doesn't look too good. All the stimulus plan did was delay the inevitable, not decrease the pain.
Carter, Jr.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:46 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,602,342 times
You all are totally wrong. I'm right!

Old 07-02-2009, 03:34 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,088 times
Quote:
Sorry, sorry I was unaware that Albuquerque was in such dire need of a street car! Suffolk county NY needs a submarine can we get funding for that? Jobs jobs jobs!!!!
Yea I totally understand you. But New Mexico is doing alright when it comes to unemployment we are one of the lowest in the nation. Especially Albuquerque, homes are being built faster than hell again.. people are lining up to get homes here and construction jobs are here to stay, roads, schools, malls and city projects EVERYWHERE.. this is keeping laborers on the job.

We are not in dire need of a Streetcar, but the city has always wanted one... or should I say the mayor, and when do you see the city ever getting free money? Our city is spending more money on public transportation more than anything.. Our Interstate is also getting huge improvements this will create 140+ jobs.. like I said New Mexico is doing just fine.

Phases 1 and 2, will be built with stimulus monies thats still 250 Million.

Phases 3, 4, and 5 are city tax payer dollars, thats another 300 Million.

Sorry New York doesnt have jobs...
But when you have a boom city like in Albuquerque its a different story. Thats not the only NM town growing we have Rio Rancho and Clovis that need people for jobs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.