U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:09 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,037,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
hmmm....and I was leaning toward making a move to colorado!!! good to know!

personally, I think men are just attracted to the outdoors. could it be that simple?

luckily, I am too
yeah, the outdoorsy might have a little to do with it historically. yet, it's also totally beautiful looking out onto the mountains, safe, and with plenty of amenities, and ladies can like totally beautiful, safe, and amenities, if not the outdoors (though i know plenty of women like the outdoor stuff, too), right?

come to denver! you'll love it well, at least some of the guys in denver will love it... lots of very simple guys here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 11:45 AM

353 posts, read 378,715 times
I don't know about Denver. I mean, the demographics obviously favor women. But it's tough being a 40 year old single woman just about anywhere you go. And the Denver social scene can be really tough to break into--life there is just not very condusive to being single.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:40 AM

3,981 posts, read 9,432,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSingle123 View Post
I'm a 40-year-old, never married woman with no children who is planning to relocate for economic reasons (I need a better job). I'd also like to move somewhere where my chances of getting married are above average.

While the general consensus is that the East Coast cities, like New York and Washington D.C., are awful for women and the West Coast cities are great, I've been told that West Coast cities like LA and San Francisco are nightmares when it comes to finding a sane, levelheaded guy.

I'm not extremely picky here, either: looks don't matter to me; what's important is that my mate be fairly intelligent, sane, and have a kind, gentle heart and some source of income to ensure our kids aren't running around naked.

I'd like to live someplace fairly liberal, affordable and friendly. Additionally the four seasons don't bother me too, too much. I've been looking at moving to the Chicago area, so I'd appreciate any feedback on that area that you may have.

Any thoughts on this matter are most welcome.

if you move to a nudist resort, he needs to make even less!

Old 01-28-2008, 10:20 PM

12 posts, read 62,905 times
I lived, and dated, and met my husband, in New York City. There is 9 million people there.
I also had friends who never met anyone they liked why is that? Maybe you should broaden your activities and circle of friends etc...... Try to "open" yourself up a bit.

I dated various types of men from various backrounds living again various lifestyles, which was the best suggestion I have, actually go out there and date, it can be really awkward, and cool too....maybe making a list of the top 3 things you really want in a mate.

I met my husband at 35 years of age after kissing alot of frogs.....

Old 01-28-2008, 10:23 PM

2,073 posts, read 4,952,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candygirl356 View Post
I met my husband at 35 years of age after kissing alot of frogs.....
lol, a good word of encouragement for the lonely or discouraged imo.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:18 AM

3,116 posts, read 7,162,012 times
I've heard that Alaska has a relatively higher population of men than women, increasing the chances of being able to go golddigging and whatnot. Is it possible that you might be able to stay where you are and make some changes to your approach? What if you started making advances at attractive men? For starters, I suggesting reading this book to get a better understanding of male psychology:

Amazon.com: Why Men Are the Way They Are: Books: Warren Farrell

Old 05-16-2008, 10:58 PM

2 posts, read 7,844 times
Talking best place to find a mate

well I'll tell you why its kind of hard to find a mate...men cant stand to be alone or live alone for the most part...so they often hook up faster than women....who can manage on their own better than a male....and before you know it...time has past you by....I hear chicagos nice,but the weather sucks..many people have told me they miss chicago..and would be there in a minute...just couldnt take another winter...and have you noticed fellow women...they just dont make men the way they use too..but more than that...women just give it up to easy....so men dont have to committ...men just do the women,and then they live together,and then time goes by,and men trade her in,or women do it backwards,instead of making a nest,they get pregnant,then try to get the guy to marry them....its a mess...the reason women shouldnt be sleeping with men before marriage is because women get emotional...men can compartmentalize....he could be married or committed to one...and love her...and then find a woman who'll let him jack off in her body...shes looking for love and will give him sex, men will appear to give you love to get sex....women now a days are just unpaided whores...men like variety,and are very visual....I just wish women would respect themselves more,not be so weak,get there education out of the way,so they could take care of themselves,then date to find out it the man is right for them....but women dont know how to date,they seem to latch on to the first one that comes around....thats why your suppose to date,to find out if hes a keeper....usually takes a year and a half to really start to know someone....but it really comes down to...anything goes....men like the chase,the sooner you let him do you....(he loves the chase) the sooner hes out the door....usually by the time hes putting on his pants...he cant wait to get out of there....a man should pursue a woman...but again,different times....now a days.....people dont even really know who there marrying..they dont ask questions....especially if your different religions....what will the children be...catholic or jewish...and why not pay to find out if he has a record,or she does....he could be a pedophile....seems like theres an awful lot of that going around....alot of mysogynists....ya dont call me mean because Iam truthful and giving you my two cents....at least wear a condom....and dont get pregnant....and see if Iam not right,if you dont take what Ive written to heart....see if he really wants you, if you havent done the horizontal mambo. guys just really want to do you remember their visual....where do you find a guy...hey why would they want to get married,when women are acting and being like unpaided whores.....they have all the sex they want.....like they use to say,why buy the cow when the milk is free.....think about it ladies....ya use a site...harmony.com match.com...good luck....Id say go to the netherlands....now theres some real men there.....men are wierd in this country.....again good luck.....

Old 05-16-2008, 11:00 PM

55,668 posts, read 74,655,684 times
i read your profile its blank. i could give a better answer if i knew more.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:23 AM

3 posts, read 7,740 times
Default over 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
My brother is single and looking!
Really? How old is your brother if you don't mind me asking?

Old 05-29-2008, 03:13 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,300,982 times
Go where YOU will be the happiest and you will ooze sex appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or