U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2009, 12:05 AM
 
804 posts, read 1,736,489 times
Reputation: 458

Advertisements

Very interesting.

Mapping the Quality of Life in the US | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-05-2009, 12:10 AM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,236,781 times
Reputation: 1819
This basically shows how much the middle class is being pushed out of the wealthiest cities/suburbs in the country. Big difference between 1980 and 2009 as far as the middle class (who even knows if there will be one in 10 years). Middle class is moving out west and south so they can afford a better quality of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2009, 03:42 AM
 
542 posts, read 1,288,379 times
Reputation: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore07 View Post
Very interesting.
Indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2009, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
3,261 posts, read 7,810,354 times
Reputation: 680
The map says that Dallas-Fort Worth Metro has explosive population growth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2009, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,236,781 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
The map says that Dallas-Fort Worth Metro has explosive population growth!

Because it's cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2009, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,633 posts, read 27,052,687 times
Reputation: 9577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Because it's cheap.
What's your point? Do you go out of your way to try to bash cities that you know nothing about everytime you see the opportunity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2009, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,236,781 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
What's your point? Do you go out of your way to try to bash cities that you know nothing about everytime you see the opportunity?

No, i'm just stating the obvious. It's a cheaper cost of living, so those from expensive areas who can no longer afford it, will move to the areas that are cheaper. It's common sense. But there's also a reason why it's a cheaper cost of living. You guys down there take offense to almost anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2009, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 12,150,182 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Because it's cheap.
Very simplistic answer, but it is hardly the whole story.

The DFW Metroplex has grown into one of the most important business centers in North America since 1980. Some of the largest and most profitable companies in the country are located there.

The large majority of people moving South/West are not just pulling up stakes and moving across the country looking for "cheap." Many are transferred, and many more move on their own because of one simple factor - jobs.

The explosive growth of DFW, Houston & Atlanta over the last 29 years is mostly for one reason - these places are where the majority of jobs were created. The "cheap" part is just the gravy, so to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2009, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,264 posts, read 7,273,290 times
Reputation: 5943
Indianapolis Metropolitan Area has certainly exploded as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2009, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Chicago
3,340 posts, read 8,704,420 times
Reputation: 1215
Their map of the Omaha Metro for some odd reason excludes 2 of the Iowa counties that are also apart of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top