U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you most want to live?
Atlanta 6 4.65%
Charlotte 14 10.85%
Raleigh 8 6.20%
Washington, DC 7 5.43%
Nashville 5 3.88%
Charleston, SC 12 9.30%
Denver 18 13.95%
Austin 14 10.85%
Las Vegas 7 5.43%
San Diego 29 22.48%
Tampa Bay 9 6.98%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 05:38 AM

153 posts, read 1,166,803 times

Advertisements

The best place to live, is the place that is best for the individual. Each of us has a mental list of what we we like, and a list of what we dislike. No place is perfect...the key is to find the place that is perfect for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 03:29 PM

5,859 posts, read 14,051,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslady View Post
The best place to live, is the place that is best for the individual. Each of us has a mental list of what we we like, and a list of what we dislike. No place is perfect...the key is to find the place that is perfect for you.
Sorry kanasalady, that's not a choice. Now choose!

Old 05-12-2007, 03:22 PM

4,390 posts, read 4,220,881 times
I picked Denver. I would have picked San Diego for climate and ocean, but to expensive. I have been to both places. All the other places I have been thru or close to. They are way to hot and or humid. And the ones not mention are either to hot/humid or to cold/rainy. And it seems like any place that seems to be reasonabily price has a drug or gang problem and no jobs. What is going on in this country

Old 05-12-2007, 07:03 PM

353 posts, read 378,398 times
I picked Denver.

I love the great business climate, the mountains, the weather, the airport, the Broncos, the family values, the good people, and conservative politics and John Elway.

I like most of the towns you picked. Don't think I would live in DC, though.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:54 PM

942 posts, read 1,067,146 times
I didn't pick any, I want to live where I don't have to listen to what is conservative and what is liberal, and what is evangelical and what is New Age, Im tired of it, and I am tired of those that live that way. There is nothing wrong with just living in a place where the real meaning of diversity is. Everybody from all walks of life just living there life on their own terms. Yes I know it does not exist in this country except maybe for NYC, and SFO to some extent more than other places, but those were not on the list.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:38 PM

1,418 posts, read 6,384,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviodante View Post
I'm surprised so far that Charlotte has 5 votes and Raleigh only has 1. Also, when I say "where would you most want to live?" I mean in the real world, with your current financial situation. I think if we were all millionaires San Diego would get almost all the votes.
No, I'd still pick Charlotte. San Diego is a great place, but I really love living in an area with four defined seasons.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:41 PM

13,784 posts, read 23,811,113 times
Default San Diego

I voted for San Diego. Perfect weather and access to Pacific Ocean. Ton of things to do within the area and within 2 hours away. Lived in Washington DC for 13 years and hated it. Besides the sticky hot summers, the people are all into politics (both sides of any issue) and what you do determines who you are and who you'll befriend.

Some stuff like Georgetown, Alexandria and the Smithsonian are great, but I would only want to visit there.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:12 PM

1,075 posts, read 3,246,238 times
Well gee whiz how come detroit isn't on here well darn now i can't vote

If i had to pick one it's gonna be Charleston, gotta be someplace south & warm
Charlotte is too big & crowded
Atlanta same thing
Raleigh naaa
Nashville is ok but just doesn't do it for me
Austin i've heard good & bad about but still doesn't float my boat
Tampa yea right
Washington never in a million years
Denver too cold for this ol boy
Las vegas if i wanted sand i would have been an arab lol
San Diego might work but still cost of living way too high

picky aint i

Old 05-15-2007, 05:50 PM

1,418 posts, read 6,384,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee View Post
Well gee whiz how come detroit isn't on here well darn now i can't vote

If i had to pick one it's gonna be Charleston, gotta be someplace south & warm
Charlotte is too big & crowded
Atlanta same thing
Raleigh naaa
Nashville is ok but just doesn't do it for me
Austin i've heard good & bad about but still doesn't float my boat
Tampa yea right
Washington never in a million years
Denver too cold for this ol boy
Las vegas if i wanted sand i would have been an arab lol
San Diego might work but still cost of living way too high

picky aint i
Great post!!!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:56 PM

248 posts, read 616,044 times
If your're in the legal field, then I'd choose Washington, DC. Lots of long nights working as a lawyer, so I would try to find an apartment or a condo in DC proper, NW quadrant of DC.

I lived in DC in the 80s. First job out of College I worked for the State Department. They weren't paying me well, so I switched careers and became a legal secretary. I doubled my salary in two years.

The public transportation system in DC is great. I had a couple of job that I could walk to work. As in any city, there is a problem with high crime. You just don't go into those neighborhoods, NE, SE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or