U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:22 AM

15,504 posts, read 17,720,777 times

Advertisements

Long Island, and the southern NE beaches (Cape Cod, Block Island, etc.) are my favorite beaches.

California's coast is spectacular but not for the beaches, per se. Hawaii is in a class of its own and should be omitted from this discussion so that there can be a discussion.

ABQConvict
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 05:13 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,242,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyfox2000 View Post
I just remembered I HAVE been to SW FL. The beaches were obviously not very memorable...LOL. I don't considerate Hawaii to be America.

I think the CA media give people a false impression of America's beaches. They must clean up the kelp and tell people to get out of their wetsuits when making those awful TV programs. East coast beaches are far superior. Also, the sun is on a better side. It's better to have your beach house windows facing east rather than west.
Only people who wear wetsuits in SoCal are surfers, because they stay in the water for a long time and most of them only wear wetsuits in the winter. The rest of us are man/woman enough to just jump in and get used to it. It's really not that cold in the summer, unless your used to 80-90 degree water, which to me is not that refreshing on a hot day. Also, the kelp is only washed up on beaches where kelp forests sit offshore. ie, Laguna Beach area, some of Newport, the whole central and northern coast, some of south OC's beaches, and some of San Diego's. So what you see on tv is prob how it actually is.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:57 PM

5,256 posts, read 11,957,409 times
West coast beaches are the pretties. East coast beaches are the most fun. The Great lakes region is best for swimming. The Gulf is just beautiful.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:02 PM

726 posts, read 1,869,353 times
In the US- Southern Florida (Miami), North America- Prince Edward Island

Old 07-30-2010, 09:49 AM

32,365 posts, read 59,796,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
oh jeez way to take me too seriously you guys.
Surf Ohio, baby!
Surf Ohio |
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or