U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:33 PM

5 posts, read 5,924 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm currently scouting potential areas to migrate to as a Canadian currently living in the United Kingdom. I'm not satisfied with either country from a social or career perspective so am looking towards our neighbours in hopes of satisfying my wants. I have the immigration and job transfer requirements taken care of, so it's a matter of finding an ideal state (or specific city) which meets the following specs:

- I don't experience the four seasons and very rarely see snow. My average temperature tends to stay above 32 F at all times.
- I am safely away from the direct impact of hurricanes but may experience other weather phenomena such as tornadoes or earthquakes.
- I don't experience “much” rainfall (as little annual precipitation as possible but no specific requirement).
- I have many plots of land, acreages and farms for private sale which can be found at low prices (equal to or less than $1,000 per acre preferred).
- My people's Christian belief is not limited solely to Sunday worship; it's a daily way of life which includes extremely socially conservative values.
- My people are armed and openly carry. This doesn't make them felons or potential mass murderers, rather they are exercising our constitutional rights and/or engaging in an enjoyable hobby which Americans ought to have the freedom to pursue.
- My people tend to be patriotic, care for war veterans and support the military in their actions.
- Terms such as “progressive”, “diverse” and “cosmopolitan” are foreign to me.

What state am I?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 02:41 PM

11,881 posts, read 32,920,559 times
I'd say Arizona.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:45 PM

11,810 posts, read 18,807,465 times
I'd say certain parts of Texas but not all of them.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:46 PM

7,598 posts, read 9,453,253 times
Default I'll guess..

....Arkansas, maybe Oklahoma.......

Old 07-09-2009, 02:47 PM

570 posts, read 1,814,144 times
Hawaii

Old 07-09-2009, 02:54 PM

5,256 posts, read 11,963,866 times
Oklahoma?

Old 07-09-2009, 02:59 PM

32,372 posts, read 55,173,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by extent04 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm currently scouting potential areas to migrate to as a Canadian currently living in the United Kingdom. I'm not satisfied with either country from a social or career perspective so am looking towards our neighbours in hopes of satisfying my wants. I have the immigration and job transfer requirements taken care of, so it's a matter of finding an ideal state (or specific city) which meets the following specs:

- I don't experience the four seasons and very rarely see snow. My average temperature tends to stay above 32 F at all times.
- I am safely away from the direct impact of hurricanes but may experience other weather phenomena such as tornadoes or earthquakes.
- I don't experience “much” rainfall (as little annual precipitation as possible but no specific requirement).
- I have many plots of land, acreages and farms for private sale which can be found at low prices (equal to or less than $1,000 per acre preferred).
- My people's Christian belief is not limited solely to Sunday worship; it's a daily way of life which includes extremely socially conservative values.
- My people are armed and openly carry. This doesn't make them felons or potential mass murderers, rather they are exercising our constitutional rights and/or engaging in an enjoyable hobby which Americans ought to have the freedom to pursue.
- My people tend to be patriotic, care for war veterans and support the military in their actions.
- Terms such as “progressive”, “diverse” and “cosmopolitan” are foreign to me.

What state am I?

Thanks.
Wyoming, Montana, Eastern Washington, Idaho.

Trust me.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:00 PM

Default Sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Oklahoma?
...it seems to fit most, if not all, of the criteria.........

Old 07-09-2009, 03:00 PM

11,881 posts, read 32,920,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Trust me.
Except the OP doesn't want the temperature to fall below 32F.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:01 PM

Default Your chosen states..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Trust me.
....don't pass the "temperature" requirements.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or